What is Massdrop ?
Nov 24, 2015 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

12many

100+ Head-Fier
I was browsing the site.  Lots of cool items (not that I need any of them) but are they all one-offs?  How do you know if the stuff is any good since it all looks liked limited runs.   Thanks. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 4
Unless it says "Massdrop Edition" like the K7XX I don't think they're limited runs. At its core they basically just organize group buys between people who don't even know each other, even in internet forums, for a discount. What that does for them is that they don't manage a warehouse waiting to offload the stuff in a store - they organize the "drop," get the money, receive the items from the manufacturer, then they ship to the buyers. Once that's done none of it stays in their warehouse.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Unless it says "Massdrop Edition" like the K7XX I don't think they're limited runs. At its core they basically just organize group buys between people who don't even know each other, even in internet forums, for a discount. What that does for them is that they don't manage a warehouse waiting to offload the stuff in a store - they organize the "drop," get the money, receive the items from the manufacturer, then they ship to the buyers. Once that's done none of it stays in their warehouse.
This is a perfect explanation. I should add that often the discounts are really good. For instance, the HD6XX is a great deal, as was the Elex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back