What is LPD45/LPCD 45?
Aug 19, 2006 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

milkpowder

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a very nice tester CD (LPD45/LPCD 45) that I got from the 2006 Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show and I simply have no idea what it is or how it differs from a normal CD. I also have the SACD version of the same tester, but I haven't had time to A'B them yet. Does anyone know of this weird format?

Here are some pictures:
p1020970largemn5.jpg

p1020971largetl4.jpg

p1020972largefu5.jpg

p1020975largect9.jpg

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 6
The grooves dont run into one another, they are just circular. The O Brother where art thou soundtrack uses the same style, as to a number of album re-issues from the East. Ive seen a lot of Mike Oldfields back catalogue on Ebay with these sort of "faux vinyl" look to them.

If theres a single one out there where you can actually play the top side with a record deck Id be very surprised.

Aug 21, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
The grooves dont run into one another, they are just circular. The O Brother where art thou soundtrack uses the same style, as to a number of album re-issues from the East. Ive seen a lot of Mike Oldfields back catalogue on Ebay with these sort of "faux vinyl" look to them.

If theres a single one out there where you can actually play the top side with a record deck Id be very surprised.

How does that improve the sound? I realise that all the "faux vinyl" stuff is just for show, although, I would be very impressed if they did make one that works on a turntable!

Aug 21, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 6
double post

Aug 21, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #6 of 6
LP45 are audio cd's in cdr format,

the equilvalent of a mastered audio cd sent to make a stamper print,

the difference is a special direct mastering from source to cdr,

the rationale of less processes the better or closer to the original sound quality

there are also LP33 these are the stamped versions using the same special direct mastering technique

Users who are viewing this thread

Back