What IS head-fi?
Mar 17, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
When is the big five anyways? I'm guessing sometime in June, but does anyone know the exact day?

6/21 I think. Or around there.

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #17 of 30
head-fi's ownership is entirely Judes. however, this site does operate a bit like a public/private space. the recent actions seem to have been taken on account that we may have ran away with the public aspect of the forum and had not taken into account it's private ownership.
The way it operates as a community that is open to everyone, with thousands of members, while maintaining it's speciality, has the affect of giving us the idea that WE are somehow part of head-fi and should express this as a matter of pride; thus the ever constant wanting of buttons and special headphones. yet, while us participants do contribute to the atmosphere of head-fi, part of which makes it attractive, we somehow forget that the internet is not magic, that this is not like any other site, where (like the LATimes website) we can go and a large corporation pays. this is privately owned and paid for and we should respect that.
Thanks Jude
David

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 30
I'd like to get in here before it dies. >
biggrin.gif

Head-Fi is a lovely site where audio lovers can get together and discuss our views on equipment as well as help others on them.

As simple as that.

Jude has been an awesome admin keeping this site going for so long. Cheers to Jude!

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #19 of 30
Luckily is Head-Fi.org protected. If it wasn't, we would have had numerous of off springs and not been able to collect this wonderful plethora of members, everyone in his/her way contributing to the Head-Fi.org spirit. Why there was no "Head-Fi.com" (perhaps he bought that too?) or the like was because of the high quality of the posts of the first years I think: No one was interested in another forum, because everything seriously headphone related was here.

Not to forget Headwize.com. It was the cradle, but they ran into bandwidth issues, something Jude apparently did not see as a showstopper with this new site. Nevertheless, cheap it was not, to say the least.

BTW is this the premiere Head-Fi.org post?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #20 of 30
head-fi is a forum
head-fi is a property
head-fi is a place where people share love and passion around audio and heapdhones .
head-fi is a place to relax
head-fi is a place to chill
head-fi once was club like ( and quite www club size ) , now is no more , is much more , unfortunately for my point of view
head-fi has got some business in the very last years , which I'm not so fond or interested on ..
head-fi is moderated

I definitely should contribute ($) for head-fi ; but everytime I tell myself do it , I shift my attention to other causes ( III world and greater diseases ) and contribute there .

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #21 of 30
As a "re-post" of what someone else already said, someone owns every Web site, why would you think someone doesn't own Head-Fi? In the case of Head-Fi it's an individual (most Web sites have commercial owners though). I know of a few other Web sites that are owned by individuals - smaller sites, of course.

Also, Head-Fi is a business, as I've found out recently.

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #23 of 30
Head-fi is a state of wallet.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
just as long as nobody talks about ultra-head-fi.org we
no carrier

redshifter.... [size=large]NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back