What is good in life?
Feb 12, 2007 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

lumanogin

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This (what's good in life qeustion) should be its own thread.

250x285_conana.jpg

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."

Feb 12, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
250x285_conana.jpg

"To destroy your enemies, raze their villages and hear the lamentations of their women."

I can't necessarily answer your question, but I can tell you this: if you look at that picture of Arnold on you monitor, scrolling just enough to look at him from the neck down, he kind of looks like a half-dressed lady weightlifter.
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 43
"Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him -- for that is his lot. Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God."
-Ecclesiastes 5:18-19

That sums it up for me, although I feel my seriousness may be misplaced in this thread....

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 43
i have a 3.86 so far in junior year, i just got done with a very successful show, i have a role in another show coming up, most of my family is alive and healthy, i *might* even have a romance in my life.

God's blessings. Every single one of them. Life is good.

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

250x285_conana.jpg

"To destroy your enemies, raze their villages and hear the lamentations of their women."

Close, but no cigar!

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"

Link

Extra tidbit of info! The line by Conan is a paraphrased quote from Genghis Khan... "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 43
What is bad in life?

To look at this:

Quote:

250x285_conana.jpg

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Close, but no cigar!

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"

Link

Extra tidbit of info! The line by Conan is a paraphrased quote from Genghis Khan... "The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

Great quote. Even greater OST.

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #11 of 43
To have finally escaped prison.

Don't tell the fuzz where I live.

Feb 13, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 43
...an empty, sun-dappled, twisty two-lane blacktop, early afternoon, with wind in your hair, lots of horsepower, and a close-ratio gearbox under your hand...

...that first shot of ice-cold beer, after hard work in the south fourty...

...nuzzling into the dry and soft coat of a warm, wiggly, freshly washed labrador puppy....

....the smell of the tack room...

...the tick and bubble of a hard-driven machine just after you shut it off...

...the silence and crystalline beauty of a Colorado mountain morning, with a curl of fresh coffee vapors teasing at your nose...

...that first bite into the garlic cheese toast, with the platter of pasta and bottles of wine with friends all around...

...the clatter and thrum of an early-morning cafe kitchen...

...the giggles, and rush of little feet, heading for your lap...

...someone warm and welcoming to share it all with...

...Easter Sunday morning Church, everybody in their finery....

...Pipe Organ, playing some Handel, loud...

and so much more!

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #14 of 43
Coming home to a family, or a Girlfriend (or insert status of partner here), knowing they missed you during the day, and getting a big hug (better if its from the girlfriend/wife though)
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back