What is going on at EarPeace/Livewires?
Jul 4, 2010 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ratkins

New Head-Fier
I've had a pair of Livewires doubles for about two years and I love them dearly. One of the main things I like is that you can cannibalise a pair of iPhone headphones and put MCX connectors on them; this gets you the mic and "clicker" volume controls of the original iPhone earbuds with the sweet, sweet sound of budget IEMs. Best of both worlds.

Problem is, the original iPhone cable Jon Diles made up for me died about six months ago. I contacted them almost nine months ago when it was on the way out to see if I could get a replacement. I've spoken to him a couple of times and gotten some blah blah blah, but no replacement cables. Nine months.

So: it's my brother's 30th birthday soon and I want to get him some Livewires (he's a muso and, like me, spends a lot of time listening to his iPhone but hates the original Apple earbuds.) I emailed Earpeace and said something along the lines of, "I'd like to spend some money with you but I need to know if you're still alive over there!"

Of course I got no response. So, does anyone know what's going on? Are they insolvent or just useless? Is it risky to pony up another ~USD$300 at this point? Are the Fidelity Custom Earphones guys a better bet?

Cheers, Robert.

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 8
For anyone who finds this thread hence, I've found out what is going on. I just spoke to the very helpful Marc at Matrics USA who have taken over order fulfilment for Livewires from John Diles. He said they're getting down to a 10 day turnaround and it's the same product and manufacturing process Livewires have always used.

John is still involved with the company, it's just Matrics have taken over more of the process. They also have a local distributor here in Singapore, Jaben, from whom I can apparently get modified iPhone cables. Yippee!

Cheers, Robert.

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 8
Im looking to purchase  either the trips or the JH 5s in the coming weeks, but still undecided.

Are livewires done with the 5 month turnaround? 10 days sounds great. 

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm glad to hear that Livewires is back in good hands!

Aug 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 8
Well improvements in delivery times haven't happened yet. I've been waiting for my Trips nearly six months. No replies to my emails etc.
Is this a record wait for Livewires?

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 8
I see that some people have discovered the new changes at LW. I had some similar interactions as the O.P. But got some very helpful info and advice on a fit issue with my 10 month old Trips. I have lost some weight and now have one of them not fitting right.

I think the changes will have to be better. Turnaround on my re-dipped monitor is said to be about 1 week.

We'll see.

Dec 17, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 8

ratkins said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

For anyone who finds this thread hence, I've found out what is going on. I just spoke to the very helpful Marc at Matrics USA who have taken over order fulfilment for Livewires from John Diles. He said they're getting down to a 10 day turnaround and it's the same product and manufacturing process Livewires have always used.

John is still involved with the company, it's just Matrics have taken over more of the process. They also have a local distributor here in Singapore, Jaben, from whom I can apparently get modified iPhone cables. Yippee!

Cheers, Robert.

It's quite useful, It helps me out of the problem, I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back