what is current best portable source under 500 and under 200?
Apr 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 22
I got a Clip Zip for $18 refurb. It works perfect and holds a total of 36gb with my microSD. It's an amazing little player. I rockbox'd mine too and it sounds great! Makes me not want to use my iPhone 4 (which only holds 16gb anyways), though I hear the iPhone 4 might be better.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 22
clip+ is so overrated... for example sony nwz-e345 sound way better

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
clip+ is so overrated... for example sony nwz-e345 sound way better

Too bad it won't do gapless playback (unless you load it with WAV files) or accept a microsd card.
wink_face.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #20 of 22
I know sansa price ratio is insane but I can't agree that it's uber sounding dap. I'ts just fine but nothing exceptional.
Exceptional is: iPod Nano 1G, iPod Video, Sony X, iPod Shuffle 1G, iRiver IFP, iRiver H1xx/3xx, s:flo2 and probably few more which i don't heard
Clip+ lacks soundstage, has average details, clarity and separation, hasn't such immense depth as sony e345 nor width as sony x. It's above average, nothing more.

btw I like clip+, it's already my player of choice because I can't find any such small device only for music with so many nice features but I can see it flaws too

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #21 of 22

Quote:
Under $200? Sansa Clip+, Clip Zip, and Fuze.

Under $500? Sansa Clip+, Clip Zip, Fuze, Cowon J3, Zune HD

Speaking from experience.

Zune HD is under $200 i paid 150 for a 32 (gb) used with goodies and there was a good number of them on eBay. The Zune HD is good but not if you want to play .FLAC as it has no native support. There might be home brew firm ware with .Flac Support [and I might finally look into that today] but personally I'm going to use mine as my MP3 slave till the end o time
Quote:
Under 200 = Cowon D2+
Under 500 = Hifiman 602 or 603

I'm looking at the HiFiMans as my next purchase, I might go with the Cowon C2 instead though simply because it's cheaper, but I'll rock a HifiMan soon enough!

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #22 of 22
Off course it's not perfect but it's better sounding then the creative x-fi style which was like 80 euro that's 3x the price and still sounds crappier then the clip+ and i do love sony products and will get a sony after this one,but the clip+ plays a lot of formats and flac just sounds amazing on this tiny thing and those other players are like 200 euro's here so do want a good machine but if you aint got much money this is a must have.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back