What is cheap and more comfortable than SRH440?
Jun 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pilotdog68

Head-Fier
I currently own some Shure SRH-440's, but they almost never get used because they are so uncomfortable. They clamp too tight yet still seem to slide down the head, they're heavy, and the pads are too thin.

I mostly like the sound though, my only criticisms are that the can be harsh at times (I like a bit warmer sound, but not to bass-heavy) and the sound stage is a little too narrow.

I'm hoping to get something for roughly what I could sell the Shure's for, $30-$50.

I was considering buying the venerable Panny HTF600s until the last review I read said they lack detail in every register. I do like to be able to listen for individual instruments in a song.

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 6
I currently own some Shure SRH-440's, but they almost never get used because they are so uncomfortable. They clamp too tight yet still seem to slide down the head, they're heavy, and the pads are too thin.

I mostly like the sound though, my only criticisms are that the can be harsh at times (I like a bit warmer sound, but not to bass-heavy) and the sound stage is a little too narrow.

I'm hoping to get something for roughly what I could sell the Shure's for, $30-$50.

I was considering buying the venerable Panny HTF600s until the last review I read said they lack detail in every register. I do like to be able to listen for individual instruments in a song.
You might check out the M30x and see what you think. It is quite comfortable, IMO (I own one). Not harsh on top. See what you think--it could work for you.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 6
One more in this price range that is quite good is the Takstar Pro 82. It's the updated version of the venerable Pro 80 that has been recommended here on Head-fi for years. You might check it out and see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back