What is Black Gates ???
Apr 19, 2006 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 30
big thanks!
cool.gif

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #10 of 30
Looking very quickly at Larocco's website it looks like they offer a Black Gate upgrade.

Actually, these seem like questions you would be able to find answers for by using the search function on the boards and/or google.

Because you are a new member maybe you didn't know about the great search/archive on head-fi. You'll spend a month just looking through all the archives!

Enjoy and welcome.
J.

Apr 19, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 30
Did you buy this amp new from Larocco Audio? Used from someone here on Head-Fi? Or did you just order it? Your PR II might already have the Black Gate upgrade and you don't even know it. If you bought it used from someone ask the person whether or not it has the Black Gate caps. I f you know for sure that it doesn't have them, contact Larry Milligan of Larocco Audio at larry@laroccoaudio.net, and tell him your interested in ugrading the caps to Black Gates. I'm assuming since you didn't know what Black Gates were, that you more than likely don't have any D.I.Y. headphone amp experience. You'd have to send your amp in to Larocco Audio and have Larry do it. It'll probably cost $50. If you just ordered the amp, again contact Larocco Audio and Larry will configure the amp that way for the additional cost. Good luck whatever the scenario is.

Apr 20, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #13 of 30
Are black gate caps really the best? I find it hard to beleive that in the whole world of parts, no one makes a comparable cap.

They're just so.... overpriced

Apr 20, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #14 of 30
Reference Audio Mods like Rubycon ZA/ZL better, and they're much cheaper too!

~Tom

Apr 20, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugz
Are black gate caps really the best? I find it hard to beleive that in the whole world of parts, no one makes a comparable cap.

They're just so.... overpriced

The more expensive.. the better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back