What is better for FPS competitive : X2, 598, HD600 or HE300 ?
Jun 7, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 7
The hd598 and the X1 (similiar to the x2) would amazingly for FPS gaming, you can hear the detail. With that said it's more overkill to be honest. You'd probably be just as fine with the lower end HDs like the 439's.

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #6 of 7
He said competitive, not fun. Less bass is better for competitive, since it means gunfire and explosions won't mask footsteps too much.

That said, I like the X2 much better than the 598. At least for CS:GO, there's a distance cutoff for footsteps (unlike 1.6 where you could hear someone in T spawn from CT spawn on any map) and either of the two will allow you to hear well within that distance cutoff. I've been using the X2 for a good while now for several FPS (CS:GO, Battlefield 4, Planetside 2) and never felt the 598 gave me an advantage. I never used my HD600 for gaming when I had it, but I doubt it's much different.

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #7 of 7
a bit of necro here but... 558/598 at their price point are the best headphones soundstage wise for fps games, if you are willing to pay more however AD700X, K701, K702 and Q701 are most certainly the very best headphones for fps gaming whatsoever.

since most people caring about soundstage in fps games etc are people who play CSGO, as there isn't really much other main-fps competitive games currently played at toppest of levels, i can tell you that it won't matter much between something such as hyperx cloud or even ****ty siberia headsets and K701 due to CSGO's sound being completely ****, just choose whatever you want that has some good soundstage, HD 600 works great aswell, not as good as other but it doesn't matter at all in CSGO, I use HD 600 myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back