What is/are your favorite alien movie(s)?
Jul 8, 2003 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fractus2

Headphoneus Supremus
Of the oldies, The Andromeda Strain (1971) is one of my favorites. Very scary flick based on the Michael Crichton novel.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 12
The Thing (both versions) and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (first two versions) are very cool. Also a fan of the Aliens series (except fourth).

E.T. (but stay away from the p()rn version E.X.), Close Encounters, Battleship Yamato and Battle of the Planets/G-Force/Gatchaman are up there too.

Honorable mention (TV) to the Bigfoot episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man.

Jul 8, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 12
I'm reading Dreamcatchers and the movie just does not do the story justice. Also, with Taken going on now it seems the topic is very much on my mind. (du du du du du du du du ... [Theme from Twilight Zone]).

Signs (2002) is one of my favorite DVDs now too.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 12
The first Alien movie...also Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan

Jul 8, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #8 of 12
total recall.... it had a reactor core built by aliens... and it beats the **** out of the rat turds you people suggested.

actually, i have nothing against the movies stated, in fact i even like a few of them... invasion of the body snatchers was cool.

Signs was great............ Until the end. WATER? COME ON! That's right out of Ernest Scared Stupid where the evil trolls are killed by milk.

Star Wars Episodes 4-6 (long time ago in a galaxy far far away... ALIENS)

Masters of the Universe

Jul 8, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
Signs was great............ Until the end. WATER? COME ON! That's right out of Ernest Scared Stupid where the evil trolls are killed by milk.

or like air in War of the Worlds...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 10:30 AM Post #10 of 12
It Came From Outer Space - saw it when I was a kid a scared the bejesus out of me. They say Alien was based on it, sort of, I guess.

John Carpenters "The Thing" was really very good considering...John Carpenter.

and of course E.T.!

Jul 8, 2003 at 1:26 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
It Came From Outer Space - saw it when I was a kid a scared the bejesus out of me. They say Alien was based on it, sort of, I guess.

Is that the one set in a resort community in Canada or something? Kind of low budget, but the alien was similar looking and it burst out of peoples bellies?

Jul 8, 2003 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 12
Aliens... accept no substitute!

Oh yeah, though I also really like Predator and Predator 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back