What is a Portable amp Good enough to bring the full potential of the SENN HD650's
Jul 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

slair76116

100+ Head-Fier
[size=10pt]Hi all need some help with my HD650's Please[/size]

[size=10pt]     Could you please recommend a portable amp that is guaranteed to be able to drive my HD650’s.[/size]

[size=10pt]I’m not on a budget, but my goal is to get a good portable amp that can power the headphones I have. [/size]

Thanks in advance, I’m not very knowledgeable in this subject so all advise and recommendation are much appreciated.

I'll be using the headphones with my laptop MSI G series GX70 3BE, to listen to audio

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't think there is one definative answer. Whatever Amp you choose It needs to be powerful, bright, accurate and stable. Most people I know who have them chose the Graham Slee Solo because this is what Sennheiser used to demo them with... Although I'd probably have a look at something higher end with a DAC if you are using the laptop a lot as source..

Does it have to be portable?
If you are just looking for a DAC/Amp see- http://www.head-fi.org/t/613133/2012-best-dac-amp-for-sennheiser-hd650 for some ideas

Aug 4, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks Ari, I want it to be portable so I can take it with me when I travel.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 7
Guys What about this

ASUS Xonar Essence One Muses Edition

It's not exactly portable, but it's small enough to carry around ?

Is that the best option at that price range ?

Aug 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 7
Which out of these two would be better, they are pretty much the same price

FiiO E09K + Fiio E17 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier

or

Schiit Magni + Modi USB Digital/Analog Convertor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back