What is A Good Sub $150 Dac
Oct 13, 2017 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

renico

New Head-Fier
i am new in the audiophile world i have a pare of audio techinica Msr7 cans i have high quality files and use tidel hifi but i need a better hardware because i am using the sound that is built in on my MB I would like to spend no more then $150 and a $100 if possible i was looking at the Micca Origon+ but there are a lot of negatives on that that i have seen and am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with that dac or could recommend a different unit Thank You

Oct 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Schist Modi 2 Uber

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #6 of 10
a decent mobo
I have and like the Origen, especially the ability to switch between headphones and powered monitors easily. Quite the bargain at $99 and 24/192 capabilities. And I love the volume knob! However, it seems a little bright in the top end, but that is likely just my ears. I temper it with tube amps. For a little more the Topping D30 gets great reviews, and I am contemplating.......

Oct 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #8 of 10
i am new in the audiophile world i have a pare of audio techinica Msr7 cans i have high quality files and use tidel hifi but i need a better hardware because i am using the sound that is built in on my MB I would like to spend no more then $150 and a $100 if possible i was looking at the Micca Origon+ but there are a lot of negatives on that that i have seen and am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with that dac or could recommend a different unit Thank You

The two suggestions below are the best you can get and above those you're really well into the zone of diminishing returns, but they don't have a headphone amplifier circuit in them and require a separate headphone amp.

Schist Modi 2 Uber

JDS Labs OL-DAC

Oct 25, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #10 of 10
Last I heard, hifimediy sabre dac was the cheapest accepted good DAC. but an odac or grace sdac wouldnt be much more. I still rock my modi 2 with my magni 3, but im sure id be happy with the hifimediy dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back