What is a good DAP to use with FiiO E7?
Oct 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #17 of 26
Oka
Okay thanks:) what amp would bypass an iPods dac?

Any amp that you can cable to your iDevice. I believe that you can get a Line Out Doc (LOD) cable. Take a peek at the FiiO E12, a great amp at a great price. I use it to drive my Senn HD600's and it does a very good job.

Oct 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #18 of 26

I'm sure the question was understood.
but should have said
"Okay thanks:) what DAC (& amp) would bypass an iPods dac?"

thats what i ment haha, got a bit ahead of myself, i think i will just invest in a decent DAP
smily_headphones1.gif
which one would you recomend or which is the best one for about £150?
hear alot about the iBasso DX50?
I have the ATH-M50 Monitors

For your price range, I'm thinking one of the Cowons.
I've never listened to any Cowon myself, but they seem to be well liked by their owners.
Ask around on the website anythingbutipod.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #19 of 26
Okay tha
Any amp that you can cable to your iDevice. I believe that you can get a Line Out Doc (LOD) cable. Take a peek at the FiiO E12, a great amp at a great price. I use it to drive my Senn HD600's and it does a very good job.

Okay thanks:) I have a LOD cable on its way from FiiO as I already have the FiiO E7:)

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #23 of 26
IBasso DX50 is superior to C3, I own both.

True, but the C3 is less than half price and it is the cheapest DAP that does 24/192 with a more stable firmware.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #24 of 26
True, but the C3 is less than half price and it is the cheapest DAP that does 24/192 with a more stable firmware.

The member asked how they compare, I told him. You might be aware I am rather fond of my colorfly, but the small screen, lack of features, backwards scrolling folder titles are thing buyers should be aware of. Not to mention no further support we can see for firmware updates and limited to only 24bit WAV playback, not FLAC.

DX50 has full firmware support a much larger screen, a UI miles ahead of C3 with features like gapless, true line out, touch screen, supports true 24 bit FLAC and sounds twice as good.

I recommend the member get it right once and spend the extra, especially, over a Cowon.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #25 of 26
The member asked how they compare, I told him. You might be aware I am rather fond of my colorfly, but the small screen, lack of features, backwards scrolling folder titles are thing buyers should be aware of. Not to mention no further support we can see for firmware updates and limited to only 24bit WAV playback, not FLAC.

DX50 has full firmware support a much larger screen, a UI miles ahead of C3 with features like gapless, true line out, touch screen, supports true 24 bit FLAC and sounds twice as good.

I recommend the member get it right once and spend the extra, especially, over a Cowon.

That has helped quite a bit on making my mind up:) how long is delivery on these items? im in the UK? and how does it compare against the FiiO x3? that seems to be popular and very good?

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #26 of 26
The DX50 is better than the X3 but still suffers from firmware issues, and you should go to their respective threads and ask other UK users with related questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back