What is a cue file + mp3?
Mar 14, 2008 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

weste47

100+ Head-Fier
Alot of trance mixes I see or download come with one long mp3 and a cue file to go along with it. What are they, and how do you use them? Can they be used with itunes?

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #2 of 8
A cue file is a play list file. It's used mainly for large single files to show where the start of the songs are so that once you open the cue file, the one large file acts as the number of tracks there are. It's good for cassette and live recordings, or if you don't like the way a particular CD's tracks are split.

I don't use iTunes, so I can't help with that, but you could always try it.

If not, Google it and see what you get.

-might fix this up a bit after I'm not so tired tomorrow..

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 8
The cue file are a text document with details of tracks layout on a compact disc.
In this case it is used with the MP3 file to split it up into individual tracks for playback.

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or it can be used when burning to make a perfect replica of the original disk.

True!
But not in this case since its matched up with an MP3 file. Which as we know are lossy encoded.

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 8
a lot of people like to listen to trance music gaplessly so that at the end of a song the next sound starts immediately and you hear no pause in between. a lot of portable players do not support gapless so if you just play the entire big mp3 file then the whole album or playlist will just play as one song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back