What Internet browsers are you using?
Jun 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #16 of 55
At home, I use Opera. Yay, Opera! It's like Firefox, but more stable, faster, and without needing to install a mess of extensions to do anything. I've been using Opera for years. I even paid for it.

(At home I have all sorts of operating systems, but most often I'm running a Linux desktop lately. I have Windows and Solaris as well.)

At the office I use Opera, Firefox and IE6. I try Opera first - cause I have it open - then Firefox. There are a couple of corporate apps we have that require IE. They also won't work in IE7, so we are still running IE6.

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 55
Team Opera-Fi ftw!

edit: oh snap post 400

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #19 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Maxthon ... kinda like IE but better.

well it is IE. it uses the IE rendering engine. it can use the gecko engine, but im pretty sure yours is running the IE engine.

ps i use opera 9

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 55
I use firefox, I tried going back to IE when I got Vista, but it just wasn't quite up to where firefox is. I like firefox better than IE or Opera, it just does everything well. I haven't tried Safari, but I actually haven't really heard many positives, so I may not even waste my time with it.

Jun 25, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 55
Firefox
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #25 of 55
FF, although IE 7 seems to be getting better.

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #27 of 55
I've been using Firefox since 1999 I think it was called Firebird back then, it's been through a few name changes, I moved away from Netscape 4.7 as my main browser back then to Firebird.

Apple Safari for Windows I really don't care for it, mainly because the back buttons on my Logitech mouse don't work, and the scroll feature on my laptop (Thinkpad T23) doesn't work in Safari. Also the few times I tried it, it seemed to be buggy, understandable for a beta.

I've tried IE 7 a number of times, and it just can't be compared to Firefox, IE is slow, whether your opening a new tab, or trying to open a new site. Firefox just does everything faster.

Opera 9 is a really good browser, even more customizable then Firefox, and about as fast if not a little faster but I still prefer Firefox.

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #28 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you don't use IE, you can't really go wrong with any modern browser.

X2.... but a little kicker to beware of. Many "standalone" browsers are actually using the IE core and engine and are open to the same threats and problems as IE. Safari, Opera and Firefox are all totally standalone and not related to IE at all.

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #30 of 55
Firefox, Safari 3 Beta and Camino and not 100% satisfied with either of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back