What in the world........Chroma on sale? This can't be right.......
Feb 15, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #31 of 63
That Chroma page on wallmart has actually been around for several months. I noticed it back like in November or somesuch.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #33 of 63
I'm almost definate it's not, but it would be interesting to see what the "chroma" that pcpowerzone is. Comeone, can someone please just buy it and return it if it's nothing.The company looks legitimate, whether or not the chroma does.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #34 of 63
If I remember correctly, the site that had correct Forge/Carbon info first was Rio's site, rioaudio.com. Until its up there, I'll remain a skeptic and enjoy my Karma.

Feb 15, 2005 at 5:34 PM Post #36 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D
Why isn't asking the obvious question?

How is a retailer selling a product that hasn't even been officially announced by the manufacturer yet?

Exactly! Although there are very rare occasions when the manufacture doesn't, which could be like now. I wouldn't count on it though, because almost everyone is hyped about the chroma, it would be a big release, not just finding it on an online store.

Still, please can someone try it!

Feb 15, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #37 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushu
Still, please can someone try it!

I volunteer you.
icon10.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #38 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
I volunteer you.
icon10.gif

I second this idea
biggrin.gif
!!!!!

But seriously, maybe the Chroma IS comming out soon. The Karma is dropping in price like crazy, and it's also dissapearing from certain stores that will no longer stock them, so who knows. With the new iRiver, iAudio, etc players comming out, Rio would probably follow them and release the Chroma during sometime this year. I just don't understand why they would release it now without showing it at CES or anything like that.......

Feb 15, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #39 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudySkies
I second this idea
biggrin.gif
!!!!!

But seriously, maybe the Chroma IS comming out soon. The Karma is dropping in price like crazy, and it's also dissapearing from certain stores that will no longer stock them, so who knows. With the new iRiver, iAudio, etc players comming out, Rio would probably follow them and release the Chroma during sometime this year. I just don't understand why they would release it now without showing it at CES or anything like that.......

Draagg! Well I live in the UK so that rules me out anyway!
tongue.gif

Over at riovolution this coversation has come up many a time. These preorders or whatever they are came up around november, and no sign, not even at CES
confused.gif
I feel it could come out any week now, but no sign. Rio are pretty busy at the moment though, trying to sort out the carbons FW for janus, and hopefully ironing out the last problems with the chroma.

Feb 15, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #40 of 63
So I called powerpcmall or whatever the site is called, and said I wanted information on the rio chroma (which is not the easiest thing to say aloud, I found). He said "you want to know how it's on our site when it's not released yet, huh?" I guess people have been calling to ask about this.

So then he looked it up, and "surprisingly" it was no longer in his computer. He said it was in stock a few days ago, but it seems to have disappeared from his inventory.

I asked if maybe they did have them in stock, but weren't supposed to start selling them yet. He said that was possible, that stores will get products before they are officially released (obviously), and maybe they just put it up earlier than they were supposed to. He said that was the only thing that would make sense to him, but he was just guessing as much as I was. I asked him if he had seen it or held one, and he said no, but that he rarely sees the mp3 players he sells.

So, he said he is going to contact his distributor and email me tomorrow. I have a feeling I'm going to get a definitive answer and all speculation will finally be able to end about the chroma
rolleyes.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #41 of 63
Ok well that was faster than I thought. New response.

There are 12 Rio Chroma MP3 players on order... they are due to arrive any
day now. Our distributor is checking with their buyer to ensure that they
are indeed on the their way since their system is showing that they are
discontinued (probably an error, unless this was a limited production run).

Sincerely,

Ken Walker
Product Manager
PcPowerZone Inc
www.pcpowerzone.com
(949) 636-9692 Direct
(866) 472-7693 Customer Service & Sales

This chroma stuff is starting to get old. I'm done until it really comes out. And then i'll just look, cuz i cant afford $300 anyway.
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #42 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Ok well that was faster than I thought. New response.

There are 12 Rio Chroma MP3 players on order... they are due to arrive any
day now. Our distributor is checking with their buyer to ensure that they
are indeed on the their way since their system is showing that they are
discontinued (probably an error, unless this was a limited production run).

Sincerely,

Ken Walker
Product Manager
PcPowerZone Inc
www.pcpowerzone.com
(949) 636-9692 Direct
(866) 472-7693 Customer Service & Sales

This chroma stuff is starting to get old. I'm done until it really comes out. And then i'll just look, cuz i cant afford $300 anyway.
tongue.gif

..........this is madness, 100% MADNESS I SAID
eek.gif
!!!!!!! See, I was going to order an iAudio M3 at the end of the week......and now I'm wondering if I should wait another month to see if this Chroma bantering has any actual merrit. I'd definately order one and be the guinea pig if I only knew that these things actually existed and that this was actually legit. But then again......I don't even own a DAP yet so I wouldn't that great of a reference man for you guys anyway, unless you would want comparisons between the "Chroma" and different variations of Sony CD Players
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #44 of 63
Fine don't listen to me, it's not real, it won't be out for quite some time don't bother. Just read my other posts. The guy does not have any Chroma's and is full of crap.

Feb 15, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #45 of 63
Don't know this retailer but this smells like a scam. Take orders on a product not yet out. Keep the money for a billing cycle earning interest and then return the buyers money when the product fails to show up. Not exactly new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back