What in the world........Chroma on sale? This can't be right.......
Feb 14, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 63
Looks like a Photoshop job to me, we've known the specs for a while too...

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 63
Yeah I figured that......it's basically a color screen pasted over a Carbon case that's sitting in a Karma dock. But the thing that gets me is that it's actually listed as being an in stock item and has no signs of a preorder label being attatched to it. Is this just some sort of blatant crap shoot, or does this mean that Rio actually has some kind of plan to release it soon?

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 63
well know im thinking it might be legit.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 63
item_a1.jpg
pcpowerzone_1832_13601234

They aren't the same; Don't you think the chroma will look like a color carbon? That's what I expected it to look like. I think the image could be real, but it's probably not really in stock there. Also the price is not out of this world (a rip-off, sure), but the karma was $400 when it came out...
May just be an error on the website, a page getting loaded too soon

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #10 of 63
I think Austin V from Dapreview (Also on here aswell) confirmed that those pics are actually what the Chroma was supposed to look like, they are just 3d models. Hopefully the Chroma will be on sale soon (And have better battery life than those specs)

Edit: Meche beat me to it.

Feb 14, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 63
actually austin didn't say that and those are not 3d renderings of what it originally looked like at all. So don't put words in his mouth.

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #13 of 63
why is rio so facinated with the shape of all of these player that they make, carbon, this thing, the 1.5 gb player, and i think they have a couple other players that look just like this.

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #14 of 63
He got the pictures from me and that is not a 3d rendering of the Chroma so no he didn't. He said they were close but definitely that's just a rendering of the carbon.

Feb 14, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #15 of 63
I just noticed something on that picture - see how big the name "Rio" is? Talk about insecure, having to plaster your name in three-foot letters across the front of your DAP ... I hope the finished product doesn't look like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back