What in tarnation?!
Apr 12, 2007 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
So I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of a modded X-cans V3 and the amp arrived today (the amp by the way is quite the performer). What was surprising is that it arrived as quickly as it did, what surprised me more was that I received an Onyko HDMI dvd player. What is crazy is that I had no idea this was coming, neither I nor anyone in my family or my roommate had any knowledge of this DVD player. I looked at my bank account and my paypal account and nothing on those, no signs of activity no sign of a purchase and no fishy items on either sites. So I guess what I am asking is "WHAT THE F#$%?" I don't believe anyone was giving these away on head-fi or anything, and more than anything I am afraid that this thing will show up on my account one day, or that I am going to be caught up in some problem. Anyone have any suggestions? I did call the service number for Onyko but they had already closed, so that will be my first step tomorrow, other than that anything I should be doing???

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 21
Was it addressed to your name? Maybe someone decided to send you a gift
tongue.gif
... Or it could have been a typo in the address.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 21
There was no invoice or reciept in the box, just the DVD player. I took a look at the shipping slip and it says it was shipped from
Onyko USA corporation
18 Park Way
Upper Saddle River NJ 07458
I looked on Google maps the address exists and appears to be a large warehouse of sorts

What is strange is it says
"Ship To:" followed by my address, but "Bill To:" is completely blank
Is it possible the company somehow mistakenly shipped it to me?

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 21
Looks like it was drop-shipped from the warehouse. Authorized dealers can do that. (I have a friend who is an authorized Onkyo (and Beyerdynamic) dealer, and he's had stuff drop-shipped to me a few times).

Surprising that they shipped you something you weren't expecting.

If it's UPS, you can have them pick it up or you can drop it off at the dock and just send it back.

I bought a house a year ago, and though i got used to getting Alloy and Lane Bryant catalogs (And credit card bills!) for the chick who used to live there, when boxes started arriving from Musician's Friend addressed to her, UPS was very understanding about sending them right back.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #7 of 21
i'd contact onkyo directly, give them the serial number, and try to find out if it was sent as a gift to you from a family member or was mistakenly shipped. some poor guy might be out a dvd player right now!

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 21
I ordered an Onix CD player from AV123 and they shipped it to x5x instead of x6x , if it is misaddressed the real recipient most likely has tracking and probably knows where it has gone.

On the other hand my neighbour's previous tennant allegedly ordered $1600 of hifi kit using my neighbours credit card details, fortunately my neighbour just happened to be home the day the kit arrived and returned it all and got the police onto it. He was never able to prove exactly who it was but he couldnt clear his tennant either - sad really.

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #9 of 21
Anything arriving at your address in your name is YOURS. It's the law.

Laz

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything arriving at your address in your name is YOURS. It's the law.

Laz

read the below just in case you missed it the first time around..

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was no invoice or reciept in the box, just the DVD player. I took a look at the shipping slip and it says it was shipped from
Onyko USA corporation
18 Park Way
I looked on Google maps the address exists and appears to be a large warehouse of sorts

did you catch that one yet? if not I will help you..
again here it is..read really really carefully

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Onyko USA corporation
18 Park Way

Glad to help...

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #11 of 21
One day the place i work at, my boss recieved a DVD recorder and VCR combo, it was addressed to her and everything, I called the company trying to find out who ordered it or anything and they told me it shipped to us by accident, they said it went to the wrong address. But there wasn't anything wrong about it. it was the right address,city,zip code and the owners name was spelled correctly. They the sent a return label to us about a month and half later, so if I never woulod have called, she could have kept it for free.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #12 of 21
This reminded me of Dateline's "To Catch an ID Thief" Program that aired a couple weeks ago. Part of the whole scam was shipping packages that were purchased with illegal credit cards to certain houses that thieves feel confident will be unoccupied (so that they can then swipe the package while it is still at the door step and forward it in the whole scam).

Just something to think about.

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #13 of 21
So I logged on earlier and recieved a message from ASR, and as sonicarmada predicted I have been blessed by asr's "stealth" giveaways. Right now I am very grateful for my prize and want to thank ASR for the new source, I now have two amps and two sources to compare which should do a good job of keeping me from my Calculus homework.

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
read the below just in case you missed it the first time around..

did you catch that one yet? if not I will help you..
again here it is..read really really carefully

Glad to help...

OK, I read it already. I say again: if they sent it to you without your ordering it, it is YOURS. Do NOT contact them. Relax. Enjoy. Life is good.

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back