What if there were no 'Ignore' list?
Jun 11, 2006 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

The Actual

Headphoneus Supremus
If everyone were forced to see everyone else's posts, do you think the forum would get along more or less harmoniously? As is it now I don't even read the posts that I am guessing I won't like due to the poster. But if I had to read them, I might, theoretically, end up responding and hopefully reaching a conclusion with that poster.

I don't even totally know what I think about this issue, so I wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm certainly not advocating the abolition of the Ignore function.

And I'll be reading every post in this thread. I promise
k1000smile.gif
wink.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
If everyone were forced to see everyone else's posts, do you think the forum would get along more or less harmoniously? As is it now I don't even read the posts that I am guessing I won't like due to the poster. But if I had to read them, I might, theoretically, end up responding and hopefully reaching a conclusion with that poster.

I don't even totally know what I think about this issue, so I wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm certainly not advocating the abolition of the Ignore function.

And I'll be reading every post in this thread. I promise
k1000smile.gif
wink.gif

What's an ignore list??

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 30
the lack of self control in others is annoying, but in the end it's about your own self control, since you can force yourself to ignore posts and threads and people if you put your mind to it. and if you can't and you start flaming, other people will exert their own self control and ignore you
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 30
I don't actually use the ignore function. Sure, there are people whose questions I tend to ignore, but I can usually tell by the question/initial post that I have no interest in it. I'm not really one to block out everything said by a particular person, and besides, how does it work if someone you've blocked posts in a thread and other people you haven't blocked reply and quote? Or worse yet, if they don't quote and you only read half (or a third, or a quarter, etc.) of the conversation. I think I'd rather manually skip posts on a case-by-case basis.

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
What's an ignore list??

+1

ooh, and dosnt this make lots of threads unreadable?

like when for example i say "your wrong, you did this rong"

and then in the next post someone who was ignoring me says the SAME THING because they put me opn ignore after i told them they did something incorectly in a diferent thread ages ago....

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
What's an ignore list??

Yeah! And how can you uselessly bump up your post count if you're ignoring useless posts???
tongue.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #8 of 30
Then everyone would have to read JaGWiRE's posts...

JUST KIDDING lol

I dont even have anyone on my ignore list

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #9 of 30
You mean like having to hear viewpoints that I might not agree with or conversing with people I may not like? What you are suggesting bears a dangerous resemblance to the real world and I strongly oppose it.

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #10 of 30
Never used it. If someone's talkin' smack, I wanna know. Big Papa Smurf no play.

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Then everyone would have to read JaGWiRE's posts...

JUST KIDDING lol

I dont even have anyone on my ignore list

LOL
smily_headphones1.gif

On a more serious note, what type of a forum would this be if there was no useless information and no conflicts? I hate to be rude, but would life not be boring if we could just push a switch to avoid everybody we didn't like, and every arguement?

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I hate to be rude, but would life not be boring if we could just push a switch to avoid everybody we didn't like, and every arguement?

Life would be a hell of a lot better and safer. I don't need no drama to have fun.

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Life would be a hell of a lot better and safer. I don't need no drama to have fun.

evil_smiley.gif

Heh, I hate to say it, but without crime life would be a lot boringer also.

Jun 11, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake
boringer?
confused.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Sorry, sometimes I (I have seen other kids do this too) put endings to words that don't relaly make too much sense. By boringer I mean boring, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back