What IEMs whould I pair with my Sansa Clip? [SA6 vs UM2]
Apr 13, 2008 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vulc4n

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I just got a Sansa Clip. Any suggestions on what IEMs I should pair with it?

The two options I'm currently considering are the Westone UM2 and the Sleek SA6.

I've wanted some UM2's for a long time, but I've also read that the SA6's sound better than the UM2's. Has anyone actually done a good comparison review of these two?

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 7
Not to kill your post, but why are you spending so much on the phones and so little on the source? I know some head-fiers like the way the clip sounds, but I do not think it's worth the mony to buy great phones for it.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 7
Personally, I think the clip is one of the nicest sounding DAPs I've heard regardless of price (seriously, simply killed my Cowons and everything else I've thrown at it) - it does really well with low impedence cans (HF-1, MS2i, etc. - and amped is great with serious cans) and could well stand much more expensive IEMs

Not sure if this is the case with the post above, but I've always found it a good idea to only comment on things I've heard or explicitly state that an opinion is second hand.

FWIW, I've been toying around with getting some triple-fis for them (as I'm traveling a lot these days) - but don't really dig IEMs.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 7
I just got the Clip today, and I am really quite impressed with it.

I'm really looking forward to getting to use some decent IEMs with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not to kill your post, but why are you spending so much on the phones and so little on the source? I know some head-fiers like the way the clip sounds, but I do not think it's worth the mony to buy great phones for it.

Because I want something that is ultra-portable that still sounds great. I don't need a large ammoutn of memory, videos, or album art when I am walking between classes.

On top of that, whatever IEMs I get can easily be used with future sources. I still really like the clip and I don't have a problem using IEMs that cost several times more with it.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomikans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm still deciding if i should buy the sansa clip today.. it's priced at 70 including taxes.. in canada.. i wanna compare the sound quality to my ipod video.

Sansa Clip sounds way better than my IPOD Classic(video) 80 GB 5.5Gen.

Best bang for the buck ( I have 4GB one), they have more capacity, so many features, better design than Shuffle (my opinion).

Super portable with my q-Jays!!! Oh I love them!
tongue.gif

Go for it, you will not regret!
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Back to the topic: Well, I had managed to audition both. My opinion is to go for the SA6. Its adjustable in terms of sound signature, very impressive bass extension and highs for such a small single driver IEM. Only issue I had was the small size makes it a little difficult to put on. Design wise and microphonics I'll go Westone, since the cord is impressively free of microphonics and form factor is first class in terms of a comfortable fit (done properly it almost feels like a custom)....
tongue.gif
But I'll quite in love with the sound of the SA6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back