What IEM's - Similar to Aurisonics ASG 2.5
May 23, 2016 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sohaib Naeem

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I wanted to buy a pair of Aurisonics 2.5s and was recommended the 1 plus by a retailer.

After trying them out they weren't what I was after at all - whilst they sounded amazing they severely lacked in sub bass.

I have returned the 1 plus and am on the hunt again for a new pair.

The key attributes I am looking for are:

- Must be a bass monster
- Must sound good
- Will only be powered off of a phone or ipod
- Budget of around £300-400/$400-500

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks!

May 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Do you already have the 2.5 or are you looking because they're discontinued? You can still find the 2.5 if you look around, and unfortunately I've not been able find anything similar.

May 24, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 5
Did you look at any of the Fender IEMs?  

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/audio/in-ear-monitors/fender-fxa7-pro-in-ear-monitors/6885000000.html#start=1

As far as I've read the fxa7 is supposed be an updated Aurisonic Harmony which isn't a bass monster like the 2.5.  Might be worth reading about it to see if it fits the bill.

May 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 5
This is kinda going to sound silly but when I want my EDM and I want my bass kick that can be powered when I don't have my amp or even when I do I go with:

XB90EX

They are my guilty pleasure and because they are cheap enough I carry them around all the time in case.  These things seriously rock compared to other earphones and for $80 bucks you aren't going to be them for bass!

Other then that I really like my Trinity Atlas'.  The bass is clean and hits pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back