What IEM's or headphones are you using with your Cowon D2?
Jul 23, 2008 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MPorts

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Cowon D2, which I'm using with my Senn PX-100's. I'm looking for something better and was wondering what you were all using?

My max budget is approx £100 - I'm not using a portable amp, something comfortable to wear (unlike my e2c's).

I had considered a pair of iGrado's but I understand they aren't very good.

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 7
super fi 5 eb's

Most people don't like them because the lows tend to drown out mids and highs... which is fine by me because I'm a bass head. Isolation is excellent and its price should be around 100.

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Mports, phones with warmth/ bass are recommended for the Cowon as they have good synergy with its more analytical sound. This will also matter if you plan to use it unamped

I have been researching this question myself on head-fi - suggest you search the forum for the reviews on the following IEMs that should be in your budget
Klipsch Image
Sleek SA6
V Moda Vibes

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mports, phones with warmth/ bass are recommended for the Cowon as they have good synergy with its more analytical sound. This will also matter if you plan to use it unamped

x2. Great advice geekchic!

Warmer ear buds or IEMs work best with the D2. Or a good portable amp will help here also. For earbuds Yuins do quite well. Shures are known to have great synergy and for open cans you should like the Grado lineup.

Jul 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm using Sleek's SA6's and FS Atrios, both of which go through my Predator amp, which draws its signal from the D2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back