What IEMs are better than Shure SE846?
Apr 13, 2023 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

roadrat

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an upgrade but not willing to go custom.

I know this is a subjective question, but I'm willing to do research based on your suggestions

Apr 13, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm looking for an upgrade but not willing to go custom.

I know this is a subjective question, but I'm willing to do research based on your suggestions

TBH the Shure SE846 hasn't aged too well, and there are a lot of modern day IEMs that beat it in price to performance ratio.

What is your budget?
And are u a basshead/neutralhead/treblehead? What music genres do you listen to?

Having these info will enable the community to better finetune their suggestions.

Apr 13, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #3 of 4
TBH the Shure SE846 hasn't aged too well, and there are a lot of modern day IEMs that beat it in price to performance ratio.

What is your budget?
And are u a basshead/neutralhead/treblehead? What music genres do you listen to?

Having these info will enable the community to better finetune their suggestions.
Good questions.
Budget is $2,000 or less
I lean-neutral however I recall some UEs that I had years ago that had wonderful bass.
I mostly listen to alternative rock and classic rock.

Thank you.

Apr 13, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Noble Kublai Khan. I just upgraded from SE846. They are great in bass, fun, but still detailed. Not as detailed as Noble Kadence, but more detailed than SE846.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back