What IEM should I get?
Apr 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Likui

Head-Fier
Hello
I'm considering a few IEMS, the UE 18 pro , the UE 11 pro, JH 11 pro

I'ved tried the JH 16, JH 13 and JH 11 before, the JH 16 and JH13 I hate it because it has way way way toooo much trebles for me. The JH 11 is ok but I'm wondering about the UE customs which I do not have a chance to try the sample sets because there ain't any available in my country. What I'm looking for in an IEM is strong bass , strong mids , recessed trebles and a very wide soundstage. So the kick drums snare drums and vocals will sound very strong but the cymbals and hi hats will be laid back.

According to reviews UE 18 pro has less trebles then the JH 13, the thing is how much less if it's just very slightly less I wouldn't like it also I would like the trebles to be somewhat like the JH 11. As for sound stage does the UE 18 pro has much bigger soundstage then the JH 11? I like something that has very spaced instrument separation. The UE 11 pro reviews says that it has more bass than JH 11, however if the bass is boomy I don't like it either I liked it controlled yet strong. To me the bass of the Earsonic SM3 I consider that boomy. In my opinion if the JH 16 had much  much much less trebles that would be perfect for me.

Right now I'm using Westone 1, I quite like the tuning, it seems to have a mid range boost so the snare drums and vocals are louder the bass is not strong which I do not like that part, the trebles are recessed and I like it.

The kinds of music I listen to are rock and metal mainly and I listen to it quite loud at about 80 to 90% of my ipod touch, when I use my westone 1 at that level I can feel the power of the drums and guitars however because the trebles are recessed the cymbals crash doesn't hurt my ear.

So based on my liking for bass and mids and recessed trebles and very wide soundstage what IEM should I get? UE 18 pro , the UE 11 pro, JH 11 pro?

Thanks
Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back