What headphones to get?
Sep 1, 2006 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

pcharouz

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the Bose QC2, they sound pretty good, but I would like some in in ear earphones, so that I can sleep with them , or use them on outside with out looking stupid, lol. I have pretty much an unlimited budget, but it would be nice if they werent over $500. I travel a lot, I live in the Czech Republic(thats where I was born), and for the last two years I go to school in Florida.
I was looking on the shure e5/500, I dont understand why the shure e5 have a higher retail price? I listened to the shure e500's at the airport last time I flew into Florida, and the sound was amazing, thats when I decided I want a good pair of in ear headphones. I recently got an x-fi for my desktop, and the sound was so good that I wanted the same for my laptop, so I got the Audigy 2zs for my laptop.
Thanks in advance...

Sep 1, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #2 of 23
oh boy.
plainface.gif
You are definitely going to get flamed for stating the Bose QC2 "pretty good" here, but erm...
I'd say Shure e500, Ety ER-4 or wait for the upcoming UE Triple.Fi Pro.

And isn't e5c custom molded? maybe not. I forgot all these informations, sorry
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
oh boy.
plainface.gif
You are definitely going to get flamed for stating the Bose QC2 "pretty good" here, but erm...
I'd say Shure e500, Ety ER-4 or wait for the upcoming UE Triple.Fi Pro.

And isn't e5c custom molded? maybe not. I forgot all these informations, sorry
evil_smiley.gif

LOL, yea I thought so, but thats why I am buying new ones...
And the e5's are not molded, the only differences I found are that the 5's have two drivers, the 500 has 3, and the 500 has the PHT, Push-to-hear.

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I would have to say that you should sell the Bose and get some money off it to fund some REAL headphones.

The UE Triple.fi 10 is coming out soon. Why don't you wait for those?

I am not going to sell them!, I have them for two years, and their service is great, they replaced them for a newer model after a year. Just a bit of plastic broke. And another reason is that I have enought money for new ones.

Can you give me a link with a review/pics of the "UE Triple.fi 10"? The main reason I want new earphones is that I gut stunned away when listening to the shure e500's for just a few minutes

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcharouz
Can you give me a link with a review/pics of the "UE Triple.fi 10"? The main reason I want new earphones is that I gut stunned away when listening to the shure e500's for just a few minutes

The Triple.fi 10 is not out yet but it is susposed to compete with the E500 I think.

I am not surprised they sounded amazing, especially coming from the QC2. You know thats not because they are in ear headphones. There are normal headphones that would sound just as good and some even better.

You have to understand,
bose products are insanely overpriced and sound pretty bad to boot.

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
The Triple.fi 10 is not out yet but it is susposed to compete with the E500 I think.

I am not surprised they sounded amazing, especially coming from the QC2. You know thats not because they are in ear headphones. There are normal headphones that would sound just as good and some even better.

You have to understand,
bose products are insanely overpriced and sound pretty bad to boot.

I know its not bacause they are in ear headphones, but I didnt know that in ear heaphones could sound that good.
Are the shure e500's on sale anywhere?

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcharouz
I know its not bacause they are in ear headphones, but I didnt know that in ear heaphones could sound that good.
Are the shure e500's on sale anywhere?

Earphone solutions....
Or various users on the forums.

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Earphone solutions....
Or various users on the forums.

Its not really on sale on http://www.earphonesolutions.com/she5putoheea.html
500 is their retail price on shure.com

And for the Bose QC2, they are definatelly not worth the price, but they are not THAT bad.

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #13 of 23
Yes, QC2 isn't bad at all, but horrible for the money...
redface.gif

They had awesome noise cancelling capabilities though.
Anyways, just try contacting any of Head-fi sponsers and they'll probably try their best to match the best price you can find.

Good luck!

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2
Yes, QC2 isn't bad at all, but horrible for the money...
redface.gif

They had awesome noise cancelling capabilities though.
Anyways, just try contacting any of Head-fi sponsers and they'll probably try their best to match the best price you can find.

Good luck!

well thats kind of the problem, the best price I found is 499, and then I found 480 on ebay, but that kind of doesnt count

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Call TTVJ or headroom.

"Call"???, I dont understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back