What Headphones To Buy?
Dec 16, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #16 of 20
I personally think that you're looking for a closed phone if you consider yourself a basshead. As far as Grado goes, I'm sure you would like them, although there are some people who find them uncomfortable as they are supraaural (they rest on your ears, not around them).

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #17 of 20
Those HD212s look pretty good.

Yeah, closed would be nice for that extra bass, but I'm open to anything really. I hear Grados are better with rock music and the like, which is alright, but lately I've been into trance and house and all that. Are there headphones that fit just about every musical genre while keeping a nice low-ish price?

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BASGTA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those HD212s look pretty good.

Yeah, closed would be nice for that extra bass, but I'm open to anything really. I hear Grados are better with rock music and the like, which is alright, but lately I've been into trance and house and all that. Are there headphones that fit just about every musical genre while keeping a nice low-ish price?

I would go with the cheap Sennheiser closed ones, there are a few dozen of them, the packaging also gives you details on the amount of Bass they have,since that's what you want.The headphones should come well under 100 dollars.

Dec 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #19 of 20
I've found some HD212s on eBay for $70 + $20 shipping, except there's only 4 days left and I get paid in 6 days. Hopefully it gets re-listed. I've found some SR80is on eBay as well for $60 + $20 shipping.

I just have like 5 or 6 headphones on my eBay watchlist. :p

Dec 16, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #20 of 20
The one thing I do need to mention with the 212's is the cord is insanely long, like 12-15 feet long. So if you use for portable use you may want to use those bread tie thingies to make it shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back