What Headphones to buy for rock and gaming?
Aug 7, 2014 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fernand022

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! Can you recommend me an headphones between 150-250 dlls?
I want it for play BF4 and listen music like a pink floyd, led zeppelin, the who, blus, some of Metal... sometimes but rarely electro, psycho...
Actually I've a Beats Studio, and I'm thinking buy the Sennheiser HD 598, Beyerdynamic custom one pro, V-moda crossfade lp, Audio-technica Ath-m50 or others in the same price 200-275 usd. Thanks guys!!

PD: Sorry for my english, I'm learning x)
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 8
  Hey guys! Can you recommend me an headphones between 150-250 dlls?
I want it for play BF4 and listen music like a pink floyd, led zeppelin, the who, blus, some of Metal... sometimes but rarely electro, psycho...
Actually I've a Beats Studio, and I'm thinking buy the Sennheiser HD 598, Beyerdynamic custom one pro, V-moda crossfade lp, Audio-technica Ath-m50 or others in the same price 200-275 usd. Thanks guys!!

PD: Sorry for my English, I'm learning x)
biggrin.gif

I'm assuming this is for a Win PC?
Are you using on-board audio? (no add-on sound card).

I like to think a Sound Blaster Z sound card with Sennheiser HD558s is good setup for the cost.
What area in the world will you be buying your audio stuff from?

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes, for the PC, I'm using the on-board (SABERTOOTH Z87) but, I'm going to buy a sound card (asus xonar DX) probably soon, in 1-2 months.
I play FPS games and listen rock, I prefer closed headphones, but maybe I can try with open headphones, but I don't know much about headphones (I have a beats studio...so you imagine)
I'm going to buy my headphones in Mexico, in mercadolibre (the mexican eBay 
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 8
  Yes, for the PC, I'm using the on-board (SABERTOOTH Z87) but, I'm going to buy a sound card (Asus Xonar DX) probably soon, in 1-2 months.
I play FPS games and listen rock, I prefer closed headphones, but maybe I can try with open headphones, but I don't know much about headphones (I have a beats studio...so you imagine)
I'm going to buy my headphones in Mexico, in mercadolibre (the Mexican eBay 
biggrin.gif
)

Mexico, been there four times, I usually got sunburned and was always dumb enough to drink the water.

Your motherboard comes with the Realtek ALC1150 on-board audio, so getting the Xonar DX might be somewhat optional, at least for now.
Maybe get some Sennheiser HD558 headphones and plug them straight into the on-board audio.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 8
Don't drink water, drink tequila!
biggrin.gif

And what closed headphones recomend me of the list? I want have the two opcions to take a desition
But maybe, I'm going to buy the senn HD598 or HD558, are good headphones, very clear and natural sound.
Yes, I'll wait a time for the soundcard , my motherboard have Realtek HD Audio and sounds good.

Aug 7, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #6 of 8
The wide sound stage for a closed headphone at least on the DT770 will make it a good choice if that's what you're looking for in gaming. Some people prefer a more flat response for rock but I really like v-curved frequencies for rock music so it depends on what you would like. I've tried COPs and I think the DT770 is ever so slightly better. That's just my opinion anyway. The Sennheiser HD558/598 are not closed. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 8
  Don't drink water, drink tequila!
biggrin.gif

And what closed headphones recommend me of the list? I want have the two options to take a decision
But maybe, I'm going to buy the senn HD598 or HD558, are good headphones, very clear and natural sound.
Yes, I'll wait a time for the sound card , my motherboard have Realtek HD Audio and sounds good.

The headphones on your list are not really gaming headphones, more like music headphones, except for the HD598 which are considered good FPS gaming headphones.
The HD558 and HD598 use the same 50-Ohm driver, Sennheiser put some tape inside the cups of the HD558s so they do not sound as good as the HD598 (i removed the tape from my HD558s
If you want closed headphones for FPS gaming, the Audio Technica ATH-A900X are very musical and should do well for headphone surround sound (gaming).

Aug 8, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 8
  The wide sound stage for a closed headphone at least on the DT770 will make it a good choice if that's what you're looking for in gaming. Some people prefer a more flat response for rock but I really like v-curved frequencies for rock music so it depends on what you would like. I've tried COPs and I think the DT770 is ever so slightly better. That's just my opinion anyway. The Sennheiser HD558/598 are not closed. 

The headphones on your list are not really gaming headphones, more like music headphones, except for the HD598 which are considered good FPS gaming headphones.
The HD558 and HD598 use the same 50-Ohm driver, Sennheiser put some tape inside the cups of the HD558s so they do not sound as good as the HD598 (i removed the tape from my HD558s
If you want closed headphones for FPS gaming, the Audio Technica ATH-A900X are very musical and should do well for headphone surround sound (gaming).

Thank you so much guys, I'll buy the Audio Technica ATH-A900X, I really love these headphones!! 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back