What headphones should I buy?
Jan 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xcmiler

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a decent pair of headphones under $40. I was going to buy the Sennheiser 201 or 202s but after browsing the site I realized that there are some better sets available such as the Superflux 681. I will be using the headphones with my computer and out of my house with my iPod Touch and my phone (for a few hours during Track Meets) so they should be portable. I'm open to all suggestions. These will be my first pair and I can't pay more than $40. I don't necessarily need something amazing considering that I have used Apple earphones forever.
Sorry if I messed the post up or something since I'm pretty new to the site (and to headphones overall). Thanks!

Jan 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 4
yep posted in wrong placexc - try posting in the Headphone forum

http://www.head-fi.org/f/4/headphones-full-size

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 4
 The Sennheiser HD201 or HD202 would be very bad choices to use with a phone, as they are very inefficient, and phones put out little power, so you might not get enough volume with that combination.

For $40 you could get the AKG K430 on Amazon. Another choice around $40 is the JVC HAM750. The Koss KSC75 earclip headphones for $15 is a good buy if you don't need isolation. Another good cheap headphone for around $15 is the JVC HAS160.The JVC HAS650 for $34 on Amazon is also interesting.

Another idea is to get an IEM(in the ear canal earphone). This would block noise. Do you prefer a neutral sound or extra bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back