What headphones should i buy for 60-100$?
Feb 25, 2007 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

pablobaluba

100+ Head-Fier
hi, i just made my account because i need your advice. it seems there are pretty much professionals in here so i need your opinion. from what i've seen sennheiser headphones are probably the best

so i will use them mostly at home on my pc

the room is quite silent and i don't have too much other sounds in here (you will probably suggest some open ones)

closed types are also ok, imo they are better in general.and btw i'm also producing music from time to time with my pc

my budget 60-100$ there are several senn models i'm watching: hd280pro, hd 555, hd 485

i found different reviews on different sites and i'm a bit confused with my decision. i'm more on 280 pro's side but i read it has a poor bass

if you have any other suggestions please help me
thanks

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablobaluba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mostly hip hop,
but i also want them for movies

MS-1 or EH350.

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofreak7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS-1 or EH350.

what brand is ms-1? i'm not too much yet in all abreviations
smily_headphones1.gif

the i didn't even noticed the eh 350...those hav pretty good reviews. their price on amazon si 57$....i'm willing to spend even more if it's worth

and btw...i also noticed some interesting audio technica...i think mf40 or something like that

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 18
The MS-1 is made by Alessandro. They're basically redesigned Grado cans. I'm not 100%, but I think they can only be ordered through Alessandro.

Read up about them on their site
http://www.alessandro-products.com/headphones.html

They have great reviews on this site, and it's probably the only cheap phone I don't have that I want.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #10 of 18
The Grado SR-60s are just amazing for the $69 they will set you back. Excellent imaging, and smooth, balanced freq response that offers extended highs and solid -- but not artificial or bloated sounding -- bass.

Two caveats:

1)The Grados are generally said to have a distinctive sound signature, which not everyone likes. I find them to be accurate, dynamic and uncolored, but I have read comments from others who find them unexciting.

2)They offer little or no sound isolation, so they may be a problem in a work environment or a roommate situation where people are trying to sleep nearby.

I strongly recommend that you find a shop that sells them and try before you buy. I'm betting that they will end up going home with you.

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 18
i would recommend the hd 280 pro; it's a good headphone for me
smily_headphones1.gif
although you could also try the ms1; it has good opinions in this place
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #13 of 18
The SR60s mentioned above. I LOVE mine. Absolutely love them. They suit my style of music and my tastes to a T. I demoed several Senns recently and they simply didn't do it for me. Frankly, if you bought SR60s and hated em, you could turn around and sell them here for maybe a 10-15 buck loss. Nothing horrible.

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rylinkus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SR60s mentioned above. I LOVE mine. Absolutely love them. They suit my style of music and my tastes to a T. I demoed several Senns recently and they simply didn't do it for me. Frankly, if you bought SR60s and hated em, you could turn around and sell them here for maybe a 10-15 buck loss. Nothing horrible.

Still, the MS-1's are way better for hip-hop.

Feb 26, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofreak7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still, the MS-1's are way better for hip-hop.

I don't have MS-1s to compare with..... yet......
At this point I THINK my next 3 sets of cans are as follows
1. Darth Beyers, without a doubt (As much for the look as the sound)
2&3. Grado RS-1s / Alessandro MS-1 (No particular order)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back