What headphones don't leak sound?
Jan 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rezound Sound

100+ Head-Fier
I am just looking for full size headphones that don't leak any sound at high volumes. I am not too worried about keeping external sound out, so much as keeping internal sound in. They can be any price, but they have to be full size.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 5
You're typically going to want to go with a large closed back phone with very thick earpads. ljokerl's headphone comparison thread does rate some of the isolation. Though the sound quality isn't very good, Bose headphones do have some very good isolation and comfort.

That said, you will have a tough time finding headphones that can isolate as much as IEMS.

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 5
X2.  And I'll add you want also want a strong clamping force.  Koss has some of those.

Quote:
You're typically going to want to go with a large closed back phone with very thick earpads. ljokerl's headphone comparison thread does rate some of the isolation. Though the sound quality isn't very good, Bose headphones do have some very good isolation and comfort.

That said, you will have a tough time finding headphones that can isolate as much as IEMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back