what headphones do you game with?
Sep 7, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #2 of 45
Its almost a tie between the Koss Pro-4AA and the Audio Technica Ath AD-700. They both have great detail but the Koss Pro-4AA sound more natural and smoother while driven from my Onkyo TX-8555 stereo reciever connected to my computer. I use em for gaming, music and internet surfing when not enjoying my Insignia Bass Reflex bookshelf speakers at night.

Sep 7, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 45
ATH-L3000.

Really gives those gunshots etc that extra kick.

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 45
I like to cycle between the LCD-2/HD 800/DX 1000 and ED 8 depending on mood and genre.

Sep 10, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 45

Quote:
I like the AD-700's just because they're so comfortable.  They don't hit my eartips or squeeze my brain because of their wings.

Same here. Its almost like the air itself is singing to me. I've also noticed a few days ago after raising the bass tone control of my Onkyo TX-8555 that the Audio Technica Ath-AD700 have incredible controlled detailed bass which doesnt drown out the treble at all. I've been having a blast playing the just released SPACE MARINE on pc aswell as giving a relisten to alot of my music. Its even sounding better then my current Koss Pro-4aa setup which am going to experiment with and see if i can get the same tight bass results.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #10 of 45

Quote:
I must be the odd one out that uses IEMs to game...

I use some Shure SE115-K IEMs with Peltor President noise protection ear muffs ( the type used at shooting ranges) when things get very noisey in the environment. Otherwise its headphones or my Insignia Bass Reflex bookshelf speakers on top of some Auralex Isolation Mopads.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #11 of 45
I use my HD580s. I need open headphones for voice chat; IEMs are kind of uncomfortable while moving my mouth and eventually fall loose, and it's weird to talk with closed headphones on.

If not talking, it's really a toss-up. I just use whatever I feel like at the time.

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #12 of 45
i use either my AKG 240DF or Pioneer Monitor 10 but lately i been using my Pioneer Monitor 10's.

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #13 of 45
Usually use the D-7000 because my wife howls like the wild she-devil from Borneo whenever I game but lately when I can get away with it I use the open Sennheiser HD 800's with the Beta 22.  The LCD-2 sound equally good but are to heavy because I move around to much when I'm gaming... yea I get into it.  They are my favorite when listing to music with the Bottlehead SEX though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back