What headphones are you currently rocking?
Apr 28, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #1,516 of 1,757
I recentely bought a HD 598 and HD 650. These are the headphones I have heard on the last days. They are fantastic and sound superb!

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,517 of 1,757
Right now, I have the Koss Sportapro on my ears. I've been using them interchangeably with the Grado SR60i. The Grado's have killer midrange and treble detail, but electronic stuff is more fun with the Koss because of the impact the extra bass provides.  

May 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #1,520 of 1,757
JH13 and an LCD-X in the mail :)

May 10, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #1,521 of 1,757
UR40s with the Portapro drivers stuck in the enclosure.

May 10, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #1,522 of 1,757
Modded HE6. Of all my headphones, this synergizes the best with the Yggy/Rag combo!

May 11, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,524 of 1,757
Just came from Walmart and just used my JVC HA-SZ2000. They're the ones I use the most for the great sound and bass.

May 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #1,525 of 1,757
PSB M4U1. Trying to get rid of them and buy a set of open ears or semi open ear just to try out a different sound signature. I might buy another pair down the road because of how much I love the PSB's. They fit the bill perfectly for a very balanced closed ear set of headphones.

May 16, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,527 of 1,757
I bought the Ultrasone Signature Pros about 8 weeks ago and ive hardly had them off my head since. I dont think ive ever listened to this much music daily in my life up to now.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #1,528 of 1,757
  I know many people here have multiple headphones for different uses. My question is as of your post what are you using?

I will start.

I'm using my shure srh840. Still my best cans. I'm anticipating tuesday when i receive my shure srh940.

I am using the AKG 240 Sextett (EP version). All three versions of the 240 Sextett are good in their own way- the MP (Middle Production) version has a good balance of popping bass (versus a relatively flat monitoring sound), and the LP version doesn't have much of the great bass of the EP and MP, but does have a natural and flat monitoring sound. So it's obvious that AKG was trying to improve the Sextett with each iteration, and by the last version, it was a much better headphone for its intended purpose, which was professional monitoring in recording studios. They were also used by John Lennon in his studio (not sure which version that was, though), so that's an endorsement. But the earlier models are arguably better for home listening.

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,529 of 1,757

I am using the AKG 240 Sextett (EP version). All three versions of the 240 Sextett are good in their own way- the MP (Middle Production) version has a good balance of popping bass (versus a relatively flat monitoring sound), and the LP version doesn't have much of the great bass of the EP and MP, but does have a natural and flat monitoring sound. So it's obvious that AKG was trying to improve the Sextett with each iteration, and by the last version, it was a much better headphone for its intended purpose, which was professional monitoring in recording studios. They were also used by John Lennon in his studio (not sure which version that was, though), so that's an endorsement. But the earlier models are arguably better for home listening.

I've always wondered how can you visually identify the three sextett models?

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #1,530 of 1,757

I've always wondered how can you visually identify the three sextett models?

The Early-Production (EP) version has solid dark orange passive radiators (the six small round discs inside each can of the headphone, underneath the grey mesh).
The Mid-Production (MP) version has passive radiators that are white, with an orange tinge around the outer edge.
The Late-Production (LP) version has solid white passive radiators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back