What headphones are the equivalent of logitech Z-2200 Speakers?
Jan 22, 2005 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dj_digital

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I bought the logitech Z-2200 speakers a few months ago and did not listened to any of my portable sources in that time. I recently tried listening to my mx-400 and some of my other headphones (which i liked before) and I did not like the sound at all. To be frank, it sounded very crappy.

These speakers are thx certified and I love their sound.

Basically, I want to know which headphones/earphones sound similar or are of similar quality.

I've been thinking about getting the v6's. Do these fit my needs?
confused.gif

Thanks.

Jan 22, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
hahaha

logitech is the best,

there's no headphone that comes close, that's why so many people only listen to speakers and hate headphones.
plainface.gif

lol well I personally love my logitech z-5500, but you gotta make sure you have a good sound card.. I use a sound blaster audigy 2 zs with it, it makes a good combo.

Jan 22, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 10
Look for a deal on a pair of HD 590's. I have both a set of Logitech Z2200's and an E-MU 0404 / Gilmore Lite / HD 590 combination for the computer. You may be able to find them as low as $120. They are similar to the Logitechs in some ways.

When I first bought the Z2200's I was extremely impressed with them. Now that I have had more experience with better gear they don't impress me as much, but they are fine for background listening or for the times when I don't feel like wearing headphones.

I decided it just isn't worth it to buy a high quality speaker setup for the computer because the accoustics/ergonomics of making it work in a corner workstation with limited space are too difficult. Headphones are much easier and besides you get more sound quality for the buck with headphones.

Jan 22, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 10
The V6 are pretty good for rock, but have a dark sound. Very similar to the Logitech speakers.

Just to make sure though: Logitech speakers sound like crap anyway, so I hope you're not asking for a speaker that sounds bad
tongue.gif

As for dark, bassy, smooth mid sound, go for a Beyer DT660, or maybe even a Grado. I think your best bet would be the Koss PortaPro and the Sony V6.

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 10
Perhaps that's because you haven't heard a truly good headphone setup that just blows any set of computer speakers out of the water.

I used to love my Z-680s. Now I only turn them on maybe once a week.

And just so you know, THX certification means absolutely nothing at all except that they (Logitech) paid for the logo to put on their products.

Jan 22, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_digital
Really? I really like the way they sound with the trance I listen to.

If you listen to electronica you want, no NEED, the Beyerdynamic DT770. Plenty of bass, with nice mids and highs. If you can, try to get the 80-ohm version (available at most Guitar Center locations). It absolutely kicks the crap out of any Logitech speakers I've heard (though I've only heard them at retail store demos).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back