what headphone would you right now
Apr 16, 2004 at 9:02 AM Post #16 of 18
I would headphone all of them!!!

Apr 16, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by kraki

I found a SennheiserHD600 for ~300$ in Big Bang store. Sennheiser HD650 are much expensive.Is it so much difference in quality?

Okay, time for a controversial opinion. I would definitely *not* go with the HD-650's. I just got a pair (after a long wait while they were on backorder). While they are wonderful in appearance and feel, at least at this point on the break in curve I find that the HD-580's I used to own involved me much more in the music. This is what I use as my ultimate judge regarding audio gear. I am using a respectable source (Arcam Diva CD 82), and have been listening through a Creek OBH 21Se amplifier (soon to go back to AudioAdvisor in favor of a cheaper PIMETA). I am not sure what it is, perhaps the headphones are just too detailed and revealing for my gear, or for what I am accustomed to hearing in music. With these phones, there is so much there in the sound that it is distracting. Perhaps I will adjust, or further break in will help.

For the purpose of self-disclosure, I need to confess that on a different thread I recently ripped into a magazine reviewer, in part for the *way* he concluded the HD-580 was better than the HD-650. While I still stand by the logical points I and other's made, the bottom line is that I now have to agree with his preference between the two phones. Foolish, foolish me.

I can't comment about the HD-600's, though I would much rather I had spent the money on these (or better yet, simply kept my HD-580’s) and then spent the rest of the loot on other gear. Oh well, live and learn.

Oh, you might want to check out tuberollers uber-review of high end headphones. He says some interesting things about the differences between the 600 and 650. It is also a very funny piece.

Apr 16, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by ayt999
is that a new can in development? I want one!! maybe I should put off getting a CD3000 until I hear some more details.
biggrin.gif

Yup -- and in keeping with the name, the CD30000 will be approximately ten times larger than the CD3K, providing full-head coverage! They'll also ship with a snorkel, to allow you to breathe while wearing them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

(Actually, what's the proper term for that sort of headphone? Circumcapital, as opposed to circumaural?
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back