What headphone would you be owning right now w/o Head-Fi?
Nov 4, 2003 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 171

AlphaHX

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday I met someone who was perfectly content with their mdr-v600 headphone and it just got me thinking... what headphone would i have right now if i never knew about head-fi.
tongue.gif

So I was curious what some the other head-fiers here would have if they never knew about head-fi. Post what headphone you think you would still have if you never knew about head-fi and what headphone you have now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Something tells me I would still have a pair of some muddy, bass-heavy sony earbuds that probably came with CD player. Hahah... so sad... and I wouldve been happy with them too. Damnit!
wink.gif

...and now i have the HD600. sigh...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 171
i'd have the $20 mdr-120 i think they are - the cheapest of the "DJ" series or whatnot. i like the phones that came with my MD better than i like those ones.

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 171
I would be sitting on a pair of Senn HD600s with the stock cabling. Sheesh, how far I've come.

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 171
Quote:

ServinginEcuador
I would be sitting on a pair of Senn HD600s with the stock cabling. Sheesh, how far I've come.

Daaaaaaamn... other than that i have no comment other than that i hate you and i wish we could switch lives.
tongue.gif

Quote:

tortie[/i}
If I had not stumbled upon head-fi I would have no headphones

hahah... and now you have the RS-1 i see from you profile. Wow, from no headphones to a ~$600 headphone. Your wallet wants to hurt you for finding this site, doesnt it?
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 171
Quote:

Originally posted by AlphaHX
hahah... and now you have the RS-1 i see from you profile. Wow, from no headphones to a ~$600 headphone. Your wallet wants to hurt you for finding this site, doesnt it?
wink.gif

Both my wallet and fiancee wants to hurt me for finding this site
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:34 PM Post #10 of 171
Philips SBC HP-800, which are pretty darn good forty dollar cans. And no headphone amps ever cuz I woudn't even know such things existed. After purchasing the Philips I got so excited at how good they sounded that I conducted a websearch on the keyword "headphones". Guess what website I ran into that fateful night...
redface.gif

My wallet! My wallet! My wallet!
mad.gif

Cheers!
580smile.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:52 PM Post #11 of 171
Had the hp2s,hd600s,Rs1s ,sr60s way before Head-fi.
Still have the same Rs1s &Sr60s, Added just a few others since Head-Fi
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 7:58 PM Post #12 of 171
I would still have my Grado SR-60s with comfy pads, and a pair of Denon AH-D550s.
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I would be sitting on a pair of Senn HD600s with the stock cabling.

Ouch... that wouldn't be good for either the headphones or your tush
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 8:03 PM Post #14 of 171
I would still be using the stock iPod buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back