What Headphone doesnt warm up your ears?
Apr 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #16 of 18
  Sony MA900. It is literally open in the rear of the cup (like it's predecessor F1), and has cloth pads keeping the surface of the face cool.

Their sonic prowess is what I'd call a bit technically inferior to the HD600/650 but with similar overall pleasing tone as those two. Overall still quite capable IMO.

This review mentions the Sony MA900 as well as being quite a good headphone for all round use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbCXrFxhWY

Problem I have now is, if I take the Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee back to the store, all I will get is a store refund. The store does not give cash refunds. Which is fair enough.

They also don't stock Sony products. 

The HD800 looks like a comfortable headphone but that is $1350AU on its own, so if I could drop another $800 on top of the $1500 I could have the HD800. Don't think it is worth it though

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #17 of 18

This review mentions the Sony MA900 as well as being quite a good headphone for all round use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMbCXrFxhWY

Problem I have now is, if I take the Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee back to the store, all I will get is a store refund. The store does not give cash refunds. Which is fair enough.

They also don't stock Sony products. 

The HD800 looks like a comfortable headphone but that is $1350AU on its own, so if I could drop another $800 on top of the $1500 I could have the HD800. Don't think it is worth it though

HD800's are also very comfortable. Basically fully open, very comfy microsuede pads, and huge cups. Only minus I would say regarding its comfort would be that the pads are maybe a bit on the thin side, as well as its weight, which ain't planar level heavy but not exactly light either.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #18 of 18

HD800's are also very comfortable. Basically fully open, very comfy microsuede pads, and huge cups. Only minus I would say regarding its comfort would be that the pads are maybe a bit on the thin side, as well as its weight, which ain't planar level heavy but not exactly light either.

Hard to find a complete package of perfection

Still have a few days to decide...cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back