What hardware to get from Hong Kong? :D
Mar 20, 2008 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cyanbomb

100+ Head-Fier
My sister's just flown to Hong Kong, and I immediately wondered if there might be any headphone amp manufacturers with distributors there?

Can anyone provide addresses or names? I'd love a Little-Dot or something!
She's not going to carry anything large for me, so it's probably going to have to be small.
redface.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 9
I just came back from Hong Kong and was actually a bit disappointed. Most manufacturers don't have a shop because they're export oriented.They certainly don't sell their gear at the usual hardware or even audiophile places. I buy a lot of stuff from China and HK but always via internet. On the other hand, HK is a great place so don't spend too much time hunting amps!

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 9
I believe there are quite a few shops in Shum Shui Po that sell the sort of amps you're looking for. I am embarassed to admit that I have no idea where they are exactly even though I've lived in Hong Kong for most of my life.

You might also want to give these guys a visit:

Mingo-hmw.com
Headphonehk.com

Mar 20, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 9
Kingsound Audio stocks iBasso and is otherwise not a bad headphone store. I bought my UE Triple-Fis there. They carry some rare accessories - partcularly lots of IEM tips.

KINGSOUND AUDIO Headphone Shop
TEL: (852) 3586-0201 FAX:(852) 3007-5469
Email: sales@headphone.com.hk
Retail shop address: Unit 1202, 12 Floor, Golden Era Plaza, 39 Sai Yee Street, Mongkok, Kowloon. HongKong (Take No. 3, 4 elevator)
Business Hours: Monday to Sunday, Public holiday: 1:00pm-8:30pm
香港金è²è€³ç*’專門店. 銷售世界å牌耳ç*’耳機 Kingsound Headphone shop. -Westone, Ultimate Ears, Shure, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica,AKG,BeyerDynamic

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for all the advice guys!
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I might get a Little Dot!

Edit: OMG... I see a Darkvoice 336i! I've read so much about it... is it worth getting?

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe there are quite a few shops in Shum Shui Po that sell the sort of amps you're looking for. I am embarassed to admit that I have no idea where they are exactly even though I've lived in Hong Kong for most of my life.

You might also want to give these guys a visit:

Mingo-hmw.com
Headphonehk.com

headphone amps in shum shui po? try diykits

dang i feel like going down there today but it's a red holiday so i'm not sure if they're closed or not. i've been eyeing the citypulse dac, which comes with a headphone o/p for casual use..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back