What happened to those senitek hybrid earpads?
May 26, 2019 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GoompGoomp

New Head-Fier
This may be a strange topic but I've been searching for some hybrid earpads or suitable velour earpads to mod my SPH9500 with.

The reason why I'm looking for the senitek hybrids is because they were recommended in the SPH9500 Discussion Thread on the head-fi forums and they could be found on amazon for like $12 [Sometimes $8 on sale] until around October 2018 from their last review on the product dates.
https://www.amazon.com/Senitek-Replacement-Headphones-Protein-Earphone/dp/B0725SY6MZ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

If anyone has any answers toward alternatives or where I could possibly get my hands on them I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm planning to pick up a pair of dekoni elite velour earpads that are on sale on the massdrop rn.

May 27, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 4
That was me.
IMG_20190118_222203_169.jpg I was in contact with Senitek a while back, they just stopped making them. You can find similar pads on Aliexpress, just search for "hm5 pads". As far as I can tell you can get the same pads for around $15....
If you don't want to go that route, I think the Dekoni Elite Velour are the best pad I have heard on the 9500s. I had the Dekoni Blue on loan and I tried the velour pads out on my 9500s and I really liked them. the sound and the fit were really nice. If I had kept my 9500s I would have gotten a set of the Dekoni for them.

May 27, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 4
That was me.
I was in contact with Senitek a while back, they just stopped making them. You can find similar pads on Aliexpress, just search for "hm5 pads". As far as I can tell you can get the same pads for around $15....
If you don't want to go that route, I think the Dekoni Elite Velour are the best pad I have heard on the 9500s. I had the Dekoni Blue on loan and I tried the velour pads out on my 9500s and I really liked them. the sound and the fit were really nice. If I had kept my 9500s I would have gotten a set of the Dekoni for them.
Yeah, I realized they were basically discontinued after re-reading some threads and saw you had mentioned that as well. I couldn't find them on Aliexpress at the time and I don't like actual HM5 pads so I wanted to see how limited my options were before kicking the bucket on trying to get senitek hybrids or a similar knock-off. Thanks man, and sorry for making you probably repeat what you've already stated previously.

May 27, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, I realized they were basically discontinued after re-reading some threads and saw you had mentioned that as well. I couldn't find them on Aliexpress at the time and I don't like actual HM5 pads so I wanted to see how limited my options were before kicking the bucket on trying to get senitek hybrids or a similar knock-off. Thanks man, and sorry for making you probably repeat what you've already stated previously.
No problem. Finding the right pads can be a pain in the butt.
I did a quick search of Ali and these came up. They seem to be the same pads, but I haven't tried them, so I can't vouch for them:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/3292...75-443c-abae-4f8a2d60919b&transAbTest=ae803_3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back