What happened to the Shure SE-215's?
Dec 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BetaMeems

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Shure Se-215's today secondhand, and I noticed that they aren't recommended as much as they used to be. What happened to them, are they still good compared to others in their price range? I got mine used for 45 bucks with the case and the ear tips, I couldn't find anything better for that price.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Chi-Fi happened. For $45 you got a good deal. They are still good sounding, built pretty well, isolate well, and are comfortable. Plus Shure is a well known name. I am looking to upgrade mine, but they have been going good for quite a few years now.

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Compared to newcomers from Asia, the se215 falls behind its price tag. For 45 USD they are a great deal and I would buy another pair for that price. For 99 USD, there are better options out there.

Dec 8, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 6
Compared to newcomers from Asia, the se215 falls behind its price tag. For 45 USD they are a great deal and I would buy another pair for that price. For 99 USD, there are better options out there.

Never liked them all that much. They seemed pretty overrated at the time. Way too harsh on the top end & muddy everywhere else. Plus they hurt the outsides of my ears. Only redeeming factor is that they were built pretty nicely for a $100 set.

Jan 7, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 6
I hated the SE215 with the standard tips. Too uncomfortable and the sound was not as good as I was expecting. When I switched to SpinFit CP800 tips the 215 become far more comfortable and the sound opened up and became less muddy. I never thought they were too harsh though. I still use mine today. YMMV of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back