What happened to the iMod Yotank case thread?
Apr 24, 2007 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

dr.morton

500+ Head-Fier
Yotanks was supposed to check if building cases for the 4G would make any sense. Suddenly the whole thread vanished. What happened?

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 14
I'm guessing the admins pulled it for legal/cautious reasons. They did the same with the Chinese iMod thread, which hasn't had an update on it in weeks now.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing the admins pulled it for legal/cautious reasons. They did the same with the Chinese iMod thread, which hasn't had an update on it in weeks now.

x2.. if it bordered on "cloning" then it surely got yanked.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 14
.... <sigh> ... just when it felt as if it was really gonna happen...

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 14
Vinnie has been keeping folks updated on a few of the threads:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234102

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236350

Vinnie is a reputable person whom I would deal with again without hesitation. I don't believe he would post regarding it happening unless it was actually a real possibility it was going to happen.

He already has a prototype. It is in the works and you just have to keep your eyes and ears open and your wallet close by.
etysmile.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 14
All,

I cannot promise that there will be a "custom Red Wine Audio version" of the YoTank case for the iMod units, but there will definitely be stock iTank cases coming out for the 4th gen iPods (which WILL work with iModded iPods). The stock YoTank cases for the 4th gen iPods will be offered in aluminum finish and black anodized. They are already in production mode and will ready for sale through YoTank soon!
cool.gif

I am still working with YoTank on a custom Red Wine Audio iMod version (which would be a custom color and would have engraving)... still waiting to see a sample of this color and engraving, and waiting for pricing info. However, if the color doesn't work out and/or the pricing for this customized case is not competitive with the stock case, I'd say we'll be going with only the stock cases (which will still be awesome because I have a sample of the stock case here and it is NICE!
wink.gif
)

Best regards,

Vinnie

May 31, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 14
Hey guys, this is Alex from YoTank. The rumors are true, the iTank for the 4G ipod photo should be in early next week. I should have it up on the website here shortly were you can place an advance order.
280smile.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For an update go to: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243369

That thread has dissapeared, wonder why (minus all the negative posts, some which were very childish, some of the info on that thread was very informative and useful)?
blink.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDMES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That thread has dissapeared, wonder why (minus all the negative posts, some which were very childish, some of the info on that thread was very informative and useful)?
blink.gif

I guess someone pissed off someone and kaputz no more thread.
confused.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #14 of 14
It seems something's coming.
The Yotank homepage already has the iPod Photo between ist products.
But there is no picture and the link does not work properly.
Maybe tomorrow
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back