What happened to the Darth Beyers?
Dec 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

flowza

Head-Fier
I was just browsing my across the Head-Fi forum and then I noticed someone saying that Darth Bayers were the kings of bass and that they are one of the best headphones. They rarely speak of the Darth Bayers now? How are they in terms of sound quality? Are they a better basshead hp than pro 900? Either way the Darth Beyers look absolutely fantastic.

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #9 of 17
They were popular a few years ago mostly due to their beauty, can't say anything about sound. Maybe they're good but if you ask is probably because you like how they look. Check old threads

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 17
I have owned the Pro 900s and a pair of Darth Beyers at the same time.  While the Darths do produce a lot of bass it isn't even close to the Pro 900s in terms of bass quantity.  I also felt that the bass on the Darths was a bit muddy and sloppy sounding in comparison.  That being said they are certainly beautiful headphones, but a lot of what you're paying for is looks.

Dec 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 17
Were those Darth Beyers version 1 or something? I had Pro 900s and V4 Darth Beyers and the Beyers blew the 900s away. I've been out of the loop for a while though and now I see he's up to V6 on the Darth Beyers, was there a V5 also? I'm wondering what the sound differences are. 

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #13 of 17
  Were those Darth Beyers version 1 or something? I had Pro 900s and V4 Darth Beyers and the Beyers blew the 900s away. I've been out of the loop for a while though and now I see he's up to V6 on the Darth Beyers, was there a V5 also? I'm wondering what the sound differences are. 

This has got my attention. Anybody willing to vouch for this? If not I'm going to jump on the Pro 900's as soon as I get home sometime later this month.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #14 of 17
  This has got my attention. Anybody willing to vouch for this? If not I'm going to jump on the Pro 900's as soon as I get home sometime later this month.

I had the V3 XD (extra deep) cups and much preferred the Pro900.  Not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back