what happened? Please help
Oct 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

monsterask

New Head-Fier
Hi, please help if you know whats wrong.

I was listening to my 2 months old Monster Turbine gold when suddenly the left earbud just gave up, no sound at all. I took it out and let it rest for some minutes and still no sound, then hit it with my nail and the sound came back a little. I hit it again a few times more and finally the sound was back BUT, the bass is reduced a lot, is bloated and the bigness of the sound is gone.

So What happened? Are they broken? Fixable?

2 months old...F#€%%# Monster

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 3
could be a driver flex issue, I remember on my golds that I'd have to push and pull a bit on the metal casing to get a 'pop' and then the sound would be back to normal... it's a shame the build quality on these are so poor, the sound coming out of them is actually very good compared to same tier iems.

well, good thing monster has a lifetime warranty on these!

either get a replacement from who you bought it from (if it's an authorized reseller, or go through monster to use up your lifetime warranty(less preferable))

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Driver flex? wow, what is that? sounds bad.

But did you get the "right" sound back or just volume. Cause like I said they sound as loud as before but with no "Bigness" (which was the main reason I liked them).

Well Im gonna hit it more and pull on the metal casing like you said cause if its fixable I rather fix it myself than sending it back to Monster. Im living in Sweden and sending it back would probably take weeks if not months.

And I dont know if I can a new one from where I bought either, because its one of those big places that sells everything from headphones to refrigerator and I dont know if they know anything about sound. Feels like they gonna say this works just fine for me.

Relly annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back