what happen to Chinese Imod thread
Feb 14, 2007 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Kira Yamato

Head-Fier
pissed off the mods or something
confused.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 22
Did it border-line on "cloning" in any way?
Was it posted by a MOT?... or someone who was an insider to the company offering the service?

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #4 of 22
I asked this yesterday and received a prompt reply from Jude about it in honest light.

Basically, just chill and wait it out; he has to sort a few things out first.

Feb 14, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 22
Ies velly seclet Chinese iMod.
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Singapura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ies velly seclet Chinese iMod.
biggrin.gif

LOL... velly?? ville you tehru me?

Feb 15, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 22
I can terru but I would have to kirru you
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #10 of 22
yeah i guess the guy that did the mod said to email him for any questions, which he then is advertising on the forum without paying... keep it as a discussion and this should be fine.

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked this yesterday and received a prompt reply from Jude about it in honest light.

Basically, just chill and wait it out; he has to sort a few things out first.

i got a PM from jude too saying that to make sure it's all legit -- and if so, the thread will come back.

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #12 of 22
Huh! Did I miss out of something?
I thought iMod is Red Wine Audio product, which is US based...

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh! Did I miss out of something?
I thought iMod is Red Wine Audio product, which is US based...

Recently there has been a Chinese version (processed/discovered/done in China, dur) of the iMod that could do Video, Photo, Nano?, and Mini for a reasonably lower price.

Feb 15, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #14 of 22
Just thought I would throw this in. Even if this chinese mod is legit, I don't believe you can call it or reference it as an iMod, because I would tend to believe that Vinnie and RWA has the rights to the name. So I think that if we are going to discuss it we need to try and reference it with another name, or maybe saying it is similar to the RWA iMod. (The name of this Thread should probably be changed for those reasons.)

That being said I don't think I would send a $300-500 iPod to China to get modified without first knowing that it is legit, and also without the company having a track record. If you send it to Vinnie and he never returned your iPod, you could go after him legally (not that he would do that), but if you send it to China, what could you do if the guy just kept it?

I'll stick with my 4G 60Gb RWA iMod iPod, and just wait patiently for the 120GB replacement drives to be launched and sold, then if Vinnie says it works, I'll have a 120GB iMod.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back