What genre of music is this?
Aug 13, 2007 at 8:45 AM Post #3 of 20
wow thats a hard one. its like drum and bass but really slow.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 20
Sort of mixture of percussive ambient and drum&bass. Its mostly just background music for something.

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 20
Yeah, definitely trip-hop. Check out some Massive Attack if you enjoy this (there are a bunch more bands/groups that make similar music, but I figure MA is the most well-known).

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #12 of 20
Back in the nineties that music used to be called Nu School Breaks, basically a way of pushing drum + bass forward by incorporating hip hop/electro elements. I used to have a compilation by the same name that was very good, much more extreme and elaborate than the song in that video. I have no idea if this scene is still going however.

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 20
Genres get taken up and thrown away like yesterday's newspaper nowadays. Most of it would do better to just make the doggone music than to waste time defining it in words.

See ya
Steve

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back in the nineties that music used to be called Nu School Breaks, basically a way of pushing drum + bass forward by incorporating hip hop/electro elements. I used to have a compilation by the same name that was very good, much more extreme and elaborate than the song in that video. I have no idea if this scene is still going however.

wish i said that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back