What games are you playing?
Mar 28, 2009 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

nsx_23

Headphoneus Supremus
For my birthday, I got Dawn of War II, Fear 2 and RA3 uprising from my father.

I've briefly tried out all 3, but am absolutely hooked on Fear 2 at the moment. Its just so much nicer than the first FEAR (which is still fun), and a hell of a lot scarier to boot (which was a complaint with the first FEAR I had). The atmosphere and music is fantastic, setting a really appropriate mood and really drawing you into the game.

My complaint about it would be that the sceneray should change more often. It gets a bit tedious playing in the same "location' for so damn long.

Dawn of War II is really great fun. Nice interface, slick controls and the gameplay is paced well. RA3 uprising is, so far, just more of the same, but still fun.

So, what games have got you hooked to the computer screen (*Kinda like the "post the last thing you bought" thread)?

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 41
Dawn of War II mostly. Online play is very nice and does a great job of condensing the RTS down to it's tactical/strategic basics. Not nearly as polished as the usual Blizzard efforts, but there is something to say for 15-30 minute match lengths.

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 41
I don't really play pc games (i'm a console kind aperson for ease of use), but my little sister just gave me some of the old brilliant mario games. On the 360, Halo Wars (borrowed from a friend), Marvel vs DC, Quantam Of Solace (borrowed from friend).

Mar 28, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 41
Currently:

Dead Space, Empire: Total War

On-going:

Lord of the Rings Online, Eve Online

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 41
Age of empires 3, CSS, and falllout 3.

Some say I should play the retro versions of these games, i defy that!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #11 of 41
What's L4D like? I've heard heaps about it, but never got the chance to play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got three videogames from your dad? Wow. In my whole life I've gotten zero.

Its called a birthday present. FYI, I only see my father 3-4 weeks a year since he lives overseas. A relative brought the games back for me.

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #12 of 41
L4D. The campaigns were much fun the first couple times through on expert mode. Haven't tried any of the other difficulties since they were just too easy. Expert actually provided a challenge. However, VERSUS is where the money is at! It's loads of fun and worth every penny of the $45 I bought it for. If anyone is on the fence about L4D, I fully endorse the game. Most fun I've had on my PC in a long time. There will also be additional DLC soon with a new Survival mode and the opening of the other 2 campaigns for VS mode.

I snatched TF2 during the $10 sale recently and have note enjoyed it. I played CS 1.3 - 1.6 extensively, even CS:S a little, so that's where my FPS preferences lie. TF2 was too brainless for me. Run around, shoot, die, respawn. I didn't even feel that way about CS!

I've also been playing Dota again in the past month. I played that a while back but never really got into it. Seems the 2nd time is a little more enjoyable.

Has anyone played the new Empire: Total War? I haven't done much reading on it.

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 41
i bought halo wars to get the maps for halo 3. i played halo wars for like 7 minutes. at this point i'm basically getting those games to complete my collection. the series has left a bitter taste in my mouth since halo 3 was so terrible it ruined gaming for me.

I just bough splinter cell pandora tomorrow and nba street volume 2 at gamestop for 3 dollars each yesterday. I need to go back and get blinx, lunar legend for gba, and see what else they have. hopefully shenmue 2 is there. seriously, the old xbox games i used to know and love but only rented are super cheap now. It's amazing how the OG splinter cell that started it all is only 2 dollars, while WWF raw is 10 bucks(the only wrestling games that were any good at all were the n64 no mercy, wcw vs nwo, etc), and futurama is 30(i love the series and all, but the game itself wasn't stellar. and DOA 3 is only 5 bucks, dead to rights is 2 dollars. These games were solid fun, and the prices are unbelievable. For my xbox 360 though I just haven't seen anything very appealing. I have l4d, i'm not a gears fan, and idk what else i would want to get. army of 2 looked..ok, maybe i'll get that since it's cheap it may be worth the 20 bucks. I haven't exactly felt like spending full money on gaming lately since the time I invest in it wouldn't justify the price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back