What frequencies should I make louder for increased bass when men talk in movies?
Jun 14, 2016 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yonyz

Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to get a little more bass that I feel SHOULD be there when certain men talk in movies. I just don't know which frequencies to make louder. I am trying to achieve that with Jriver's Parametric EQ 2.

Example of such male voice (the one with the black metal suit) (!!SPOILER FOR LEGENDS OF TOMORROW!!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJl92-Q0EiY

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #3 of 5
I kind of like him with a rather wide boost in the 300hz area ^_^.

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 5
The frequencies you're looking for might be somewhere from 85 to 180 Hz, that's what Wikipedia claims is the range of the fundamental frequency of an adult male voice. You might not get the results you hoped for with just an EQ though. There's a lot of other ambient noise and rumble in that scene that will get boosted by the EQ, I'm guessing it mostly just sound like a louder rumble.

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #5 of 5
  The frequencies you're looking for might be somewhere from 85 to 180 Hz, that's what Wikipedia claims is the range of the fundamental frequency of an adult male voice. You might not get the results you hoped for with just an EQ though. There's a lot of other ambient noise and rumble in that scene that will get boosted by the EQ, I'm guessing it mostly just sound like a louder rumble.

If you could detect dialogue sequences then you could apply the EQ conditionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back