What flash player for bike rider?
Oct 29, 2005 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bob2300

100+ Head-Fier
What flash player would you guys recommend for bicycle riding? I am going to have to buy it used. Do you think the player would be ok without the key ring on the player (just necklace headphones pluged into the player no other support). Or is there a better way to have the player hooked up?

Thank You

Oct 29, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #2 of 15
I would recomment the iPod shuffle. You don't really need a display when riding your bike. Plus it sounds good!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 15
If you decide on the Shuffle, be aware the Apple store has refurbs on sale all the time (you mentioned used). Just type 'refurbished' in the search and you'll see them. $79 for 512MB/$99 for 1GB right now.

Depending on your price point, there are some iAudio players worth looking at too and sometimes you can find SanDisk Sansa portables on sale.

Oct 29, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 15
Well the shuffle is an opption. But I think I rather get a screen.

Any other opptions? How would you guys recomend me attatching the player while riding?

Do you think one of the ones that hang on your neck would work? Or would it get anyoning juming up and down while riding?

Oct 29, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 15
Creative Nanos are like 100 or something 1G, and have a screen with backlight sound great and its a drag and drop

oh ya and there pretty sturdy when i had mine it had a few drops on my skate.

Oct 29, 2005 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 15
If you don't require a full gig of storage, I highly recommend the sound quality, format and reliability of the older IRiver flash players. I bought a 256 meg IFP-390T nearly two years ago for about $90.00 from someone on Ebay (I still run and sweat with it about 3 days every week). Last spring, I got the 512 meg version (IFP-305T) for about $80.00. These have black and white screens and they're USB1, but for small storage, they're phenomenal. What a bargain.

Oct 29, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 15
I second the creative n200/nano. for the reasons posted above. I have both the n200 and shuffle, while both are nice I would recommend the creative if it is your primary player. its not as cool and sleek as the other flash players, but that's why it's cheaper.

Oct 29, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 15
Thanx for all the GREAT helpfull advise. The nano is out of my budget (going to get two players).

The creative players sound cool, will check them out.

What about the samsung players?

Thank You

Oct 29, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 15
In that case, I'd recommend the Creative Zen Nano Plus as well. 1GB flash, FM radio, small screen, playlist support, drag and drop, decent battery life (though I think the shuffle gets better), and good audio quality using the same SigamTel chip as the shuffle.

Oct 29, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #11 of 15
Could someone please tell me what exactlly are the differences from the nano (creative), nano plus, n200, V200, muvo nx, and muvo tx I would really appreciate it.

Definitly seems better than tring to get a player that works for everything.

The samsungs are looking very good too, hum.

Thank You guys very much for the feedback.

Oct 29, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #12 of 15
I think it's just differences in design. Some have the USB plug built-in to the player and separates from the battery (NX, TX models), some don't but are smaller. Some models have FM radio, some dont. Also, Creative seems to be changing the name of their players every few months for fun, which adds to teh confusion. So the Creative N200, Zen Nano Plus, and V200 are all pretty much the same.

Oct 30, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #14 of 15
I'm gonna rant now, but I'm very wary of cyclists who see themselves in the model of recreational runners or walkers, and therefore, conclude that just like those people do, cyclists should also wear headphones. Personally, I'd rather prefer you not listen to music (or otherwise impair your hearing) while operating 20+ pound metal machine that easily reaches 10-20mph, especially if you're using the same facilities as pedestrians.

Oct 30, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 15
Safty is always a very high concern
icon10.gif
. I have very good hearing and dont turn it up too loud. I can hear perfectly fine even when I shift my bike I can here the chain making noise, so I think it is definitly ok.

Also it is not to busy here either (inless I go on the highway, but I usually only go there if there is no sidewalk or bike route).

It has nothing to do with what runners or walkers do, I just find it boring to go riding for 2-3hrs everyday without music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back