What exotic instruments do you play?
Aug 1, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by canloader
exotic?
wink.gif

I meant the baritone tuba.

The exotic instruments I still play are the acapella trumpet which can most commonly be heard in my rendition of the Simpsons' Planet of the Apes Musical (the "Dr. Zeus Suite") and the beer bottle.

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG

The exotic instruments I still play are the acapella trumpet which can most commonly be heard in my rendition of the Simpsons' Planet of the Apes Musical (the "Dr. Zeus Suite") and the beer bottle.

Neat! Live horns sound great. I took a try at wind instruments but just couldn't hang with the breathing, control and breath conservation. Plus I like to sing... Well, harmonize..
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG

The exotic instruments I still play are the acapella trumpet which can most commonly be heard in my rendition of the Simpsons' Planet of the Apes Musical (the "Dr. Zaius Suite") and the beer bottle.

They finally made a monkey out of me. Yes, they finally made a monkey out of me.

Seriously, though, beer bottle is a dying art.

Aug 1, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Zion
1924 Weissenborn Style 1. An all koa wood Hawaiian lap steel. One of the best sounding acoustic instruments ever made.

YOW! Do you have any pictures? Can you play it like Sol Hoopii or Roy Smeck?

See ya
Steve

Aug 1, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #20 of 21
I'm currently learning to play Doumbek (Tabla), and plan on accompanying my wife when she gives bellydancing performances.

Aug 1, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lion Zion
1924 Weissenborn Style 1. An all koa wood Hawaiian lap steel. One of the best sounding acoustic instruments ever made.

Oh yea, Throw a pic here. That would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back