What exactly is wrong with the treble of the Shure SE530's?
May 15, 2009 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

VoLTaG3

Banned
Ok. I am extremely puzzled right now. People point out the flaw of the Shure SE530's being the treble. I agree with them completely up to an extent. The treble detail is all there but at very low volume. The low volume makes it hard to hear the treble detail. I know I have suggested my mod over a million times and it is becoming annoying but it needs to be spreaded to every SE530 owner.

I went to the black foamies because I had damaged my last pair of triple flanges. 2 days went by I had fully adjusted to the sound of the black foamies (dull highs). So today a week after switching to black foamies I decided to go out to B@H in Manhattan and buy some triple flange tips. I came home and cut a pair of triple flanges according to my mod and installed them on the nozzle.

HOLY ****!!!!

The sound completely opened up.....the treble is present and very crisp and sharp. I am hearing new details. The bass is less bloated and more tight. The midrange is even more clearer. It's like the flanges lifted a blanket off of those little balanced armature drivers inside the Shure SE530's. I will still purchase a high end custom IEM in the future because I want to go custom. As of now what I'm hearing from these SE530's is flawless. Deep, tight and accurate bass that is punchy. The midrange is sooo clear and scary at times and the treble has came out from behind the curtain and is now shining.

Seriously if you're reading this and have a pair of Shure SE530's please try my mod. You won't regret it. Later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back