What else do you do when you listen to music?
Aug 28, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #17 of 47
Mostly reading forums, IRCing or playing WoW (ie. things that don't require much concentration).

Aug 28, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 47
Gaming. Makes me a better player I don't know why
confused.gif

Aug 28, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathBOB
confused.gif

When replaying FFIII(VI in Japan) I listened to the A side of Sunlandic Twins by Of Montreal. Now whenever I listen to it, however, I start feeling really annoyed and worried about getting stuck in boring random battles.

After that I just stuck with the normal game soundtracks...

Aug 29, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #23 of 47
1. Surf
2. Sudoku
3. Scrabble
4. Something else

Aug 29, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #24 of 47
For me, I do different things while listening to different genres.

Funk & Rock -- driving fast on the highway, cleaning up my apartment.

Chamber music -- reading

Jazz -- mellowing out

Free jazz -- freaking out

etc.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #25 of 47
Music sounds better when I do something else, after many hours I automatically become part of the music and I don't need to concentrate on the music to hear everything in it, I concentrate on what I'm doing on the computer (websites, games).

Music sounds best when I do repetitive things (where you don't need to think) that eventually become automatic, recently I have found that racing games work best (if the sound is turned off). I get into the "zone" both in the racing game and the music, it's a pretty cool experience.
biggrin.gif

It is rare that I listen to music with the computer turned off.

Aug 29, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #26 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi
"Web surf" (I look around the internet for interesting things to indulge in)

hahah i was like well thats awesome would be sick to surf in alaska tho.

Aug 29, 2005 at 8:05 AM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by deathBOB
confused.gif

Because you get into a rhythm and it also blocks external noise more. Does the music you listen to have a consistent beat?

Aug 29, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #28 of 47
most of the time when im on the computer i have music playing, i use the iPod when cutting the lawn, grocery shopping, walking the dog, riding my bike, working out, basically i find excuses to listen to music. Recently i've been painting a spare bedroom so lots of music listening there...

Aug 29, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #30 of 47
For the most time I sit in front of my computer and surf the web or I try out new programs or things like that.
Nowadays I don't play games too much but it's also true for me that racing games are definately more fun when you listen to music
smily_headphones1.gif
You might even be better than without but I can't prove that...

I don't read while I'm listening to music. I think one of the two wonderful things would be wasted, because I can only concentrate on one thing at the same time. And this is completely ok for me - I can understand those people who don't like a completely quiet room and because of that they turn on the music and then start reading. I can cope with quietness
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back